Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there such a thing as an easy way to remove window tint ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there such a thing as an easy way to remove window tint ?

Is there an easy method of removing window tint from your vehicle? I have no clue where to start. Thanks in advance for any info.

Have your buddy jab his shotgun barrel into it. Works great!

Comment

Yea heat gun. Then windex and a razor blade to clean off the glue.

Comment

Also a fabric steamer works great.

Comment

Originally posted by TexMax View Post
          Have your buddy jab his shotgun barrel into it. Works great!
          Exactly

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9vzJDUM5Ag"]Easy Way to Remove Automotive Window Tint - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Thanks guys! Just what I needed.

Comment

Something with amonia in it. Amonia will make it peel

Comment

^^^^ this. Use a razor and windex

Comment

Back to the GS. Probably not enough heat, but snuck momas hair dryer out. Got the tint off but it left a film that is worse than the tint. This is on a 97 Ford, so more than likely the tint is oollldddd! Any thoughts on getting the residue off? I've tried WD40 as well as carb cleaner in the corner of the window with no luck, just smeared it. I also tried glass plus to no avail.

Comment

Acetone, red rags, and latex gloves. Scrape with a razor blade scraper as you go. Should loosen the glue up enough to scrape it off.

Comment

How much is the new window?

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                          How much is the new window?
                          LOL, that's why I started with a hair blow dryer. If I'd used a heat gun I probably would have burned the sucker to the ground. I AM NOT a D-I-Y kinda guy. lol That video with the steamer just made it look too easy, and my wife said no when I asked if she didn't need a clothes steamer. Oh, and there is 4 windows total.

Comment

Originally posted by trad"Doc"53 View Post
                            LOL, that's why I started with a hair blow dryer. If I'd used a heat gun I probably would have burned the sucker to the ground. I AM NOT a D-I-Y kinda guy. lol That video with the steamer just made it look too easy, and my wife said no when I asked if she didn't need a clothes steamer. Oh, and there is 4 windows total.
                            Don't feel bad, last time I got window tint off with a heat gun I layed the gun in the seat and burnt a huge hole in it

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
                              Don't feel bad, last time I got window tint off with a heat gun I layed the gun in the seat and burnt a huge hole in it
                              That's why I can't bring myself to use a true heat gun, I know I would do the same thing. Leaving my spotlight on face down on my truck seat many years back is still in my memory.

Comment

Working...
                              X