Shallow water Skiffs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
    Yep, but we keep wading gear etc in net bags which can easily be tied of to a rod holder or something.

It’s a starter boat for him and he is eat up with drifting/wading the shallows.

I think he could get into a true bay boat in the 16’-18’ range for the same $ but that doesn’t interest him. Who am I to argue with a 20 year old anyway 🤷🏻*♂️LOL
    These little boats have their place no doubt, but something in the 18' range will be a better starter IMO. These little boats do not fair well in any bit of rough water, and that would be my biggest concern. I would rather have the 16 or 19 shoalwater cat, but its not my money.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
      These little boats have their place no doubt, but something in the 18' range will be a better starter IMO. These little boats do not fair well in any bit of rough water, and that would be my biggest concern. I would rather have the 16 or 19 shoalwater cat, but its not my money.
      I've been searching for the perfect little flats boat for down here in Florida, and this is what I've found too. The river where I launch can get a bit windy and rough.

soooooo.....we're going to give this one a shot and see how she does.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
        I've been searching for the perfect little flats boat for down here in Florida, and this is what I've found too. The river where I launch can get a bit windy and rough.

soooooo.....we're going to give this one a shot and see how she does.

Saw similar set ups 20 years ago in Florida. Don't know why they haven't caught on here yet. Seems like a good option for the PI/SPI area.

Comment

I will be selling a Hog Island 16' skiff with Tohatsu 35 jet outboard soon. Check these boats out. Pretty cool skiff for a starter. Im looking into getting a Hells Bay soon.

Comment

Not a skiff, but its hard not to look at the Baby Cat for shallow water.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              I know where one is for sale on 105 near the lake

edit: its not listed on the site anymore but premier Yamaha had one. I think it was a homebuilt job. But was a nice little rig
              It is still there. Just passed it during lunch. Right behind the Conroe Dam.

Comment

We have the Dargel 13.5 and i would put it up against any boat in the shallows. Kinda rough hooking back from Cullen bay to the Island on a windy day but if you don't mind getting wet it is a fishing machine. Really a great 2 person boat.

Comment

Could always outfit a Gheenhoe LT25. Those things are SWEET!

Comment

Great little boats for their purpose. If he likes fishing shallow in the back lakes they are perfect. Kind of hard to get in any real trouble. When you ground out, pick it up and move it. Daily cost to run it is minimal, no 50gal tanks. And if he ever does want to upgrade to a larger boat he already knows the small cuts to run.

Comment

Become a member of Microskiff.com and follow some of their threads.

Comment

Working...
                      X