Remington 783??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remington 783??

Does anyone have some feedback on this rifle. I'm interested in one but have yet, for two years, touched or seen one anywhere. I want a 243 or the 7mm or 300 mag. Are they shooters? Do they need a different or optional stock? Trigger okay or does it suck? How hard to rebarrel?

No personal experience, but when I was looking at the same gun I was quickly pointed towards a different option. Common thought was that there were better options for similar money. I ended up with a Marlin, but Savage and a remington 700 would probably be my two top choices if I were to do it again. Just my. 02.

Comment

There are better options for similar money

Comment

Ruger American is propably the best bang for you buck on the market today. For a budget gun.

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
          Ruger American is propably the best bang for you buck on the market today.
          Forgot about this one. I don't know your circumstance, but I wish I had gone with a rem 700, simply for aftermarket availability of barrels, stocks, etc. The Marlin has them but not as easy to find as the 700

Comment

Originally posted by HOYTPRO2001 View Post
            Rem 783 Does anyone have some feedback on this rifle. I'm interested in one but have yet, for two years, touched or seen one anywhere. I want a 243 or the 7mm or 300 mag. Are they shooters? Do they need a different or optional stock? Trigger okay or does it suck? How hard to rebarrel?

Buy a Rem 700 from WallyWorld and be done with it . You can always find aftermarket parts to upgrade. With the 783 , it's Remington's attempt to copy a Savage

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post

Buy a Rem 700 from WallyWorld and be done with it . You can always find aftermarket parts to upgrade. With the 783 , it's Remington's attempt to copy a Savage
              x2
              Last edited by splitbeam145; 08-24-2015, 06:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post

Totally agree, I just recommended the American since its under that same classification of budget rifles.

But I couldnt agree more with CB go find a deal on a 700 from Academy, Walmart or dicks. You wont regret it in the long run. And your left with endless possibilities for upgrades.

Comment

So no one has used or handled one?

Comment

Originally posted by HOYTPRO2001 View Post
                    So no one has used or handled one?
                    I briefly handled one while looking, and while nothing stood out to me, there was nothing that screamed dont buy me either.

Comment

it looks like an axis.

Comment

I won one as a door prize in 223, shoots great, not impressed with the trigger but it is not a bad gun. I also have a ruger American and they both shoot about the same for factory shelf guns.

Comment

Working...
                        X