1st Custom Gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st Custom Gun

After 6 LONG months I have my 1st custom gun. I absolutely love it and it looks better than I imagined. We got the barrel cleaned out, mounted the scope, shot 1 round to clean out barrel and adjust the sight, then I shot a 5 shot group. The 2 shots to right were me not have gun completely level "slight cant", otherwise it would've been 5 shots inside a dime. My next purchase after filling pocket up with more MONEY will be the Gunwerks G7 BR2 Rangefinder.
    Basic Info
    Alpine Gun Range Supply
    S&S Precision did the gunsmith work
    6.5x284
    McMillian Game Scout
    Jewell Trigger
    H-S Detach Mag
    Brux 26" #5 barrel fluted with MB
    Predator Stiller Action
    Talley Rings
    G7 Nightforce Scope
    Gunwerks Ammo Lapua Brass with Retumbo powder and 140gr Berger VLD
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	25063358

Name:	image2.JPG
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	25063359

Name:	image3.jpg
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	25063360

Name:	image4.jpg
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	25063361

One of these days I will get a custom rifle.

Sweet looking rig and good shooting!

Comment

I have a 7 STW in the making right now This will be my 2nd custom.

Comment

Very nice, I have two and am already wanting another.

The 6.5x284 is high on my list which would fit nicely between my 240 WM and 7STW.

Comment

Very nice! What kind of turnaround did S&S give you? Looking into another build but my local guy just had back surgery and is WAY behind.

Comment

Originally posted by kck View Post
            Very nice! What kind of turnaround did S&S give you? Looking into another build but my local guy just had back surgery and is WAY behind.
            Turnaround at S&S Precision was 1 month exactly. Waiting on the Stock was the bad part. It's a new color and not full production on it. Had the Action, barrel, Detach mag,etc already there at S&S Precision.
            Sucks about the local guy. If you have questions on them or interested I can give you my buddy's contact info. He knows his stuff and works through Alpine Gun Range with S&S Precison.
            Last edited by splitbeam145; 08-12-2015, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
              Very nice, I have two and am already wanting another.

The 6.5x284 is high on my list which would fit nicely between my 240 WM and 7STW.
              I was really surprised with the recoil. Very minimal and felt about a .243. Could shoot it all day

Comment

very nice build

Comment

Awesome build. Awesome shop/craftsmen. Amazing turn around time on a quality rifle.

Comment

awesome build. great looking gun

Comment

Originally posted by splitbeam145 View Post
                      Turnaround at S&S Precision was 1 month exactly. Waiting on the Stock was the bad part. It's a new color and not full production on it. Had the Action, barrel, Detach mag,etc already there at S&S Precision.
                      Sucks about the local guy. If you have questions on them or interested I can give you my buddy's contact info. He knows his stuff and works through Alpine Gun Range with S&S Precison.
                      Wow that's quick!!! If you don't mind, would you shoot me a PM with your amigo's contact info there? I'll tell em you referred me and that they should knock a little off of your invoice for the referral

Comment

Awesome gun!

Comment

Originally posted by kck View Post
                          Wow that's quick!!! If you don't mind, would you shoot me a PM with your amigo's contact info there? I'll tell em you referred me and that they should knock a little off of your invoice for the referral
                          PM sent

Comment

Nice rig! Customs are addicting for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                              Nice rig! Customs are addicting for sure.
                              YES it is. The addiction started on Dec. 5,2014 when I put the crosshairs on a doe at 650yds away and watch her drop right there. That's when I told my buddy to put me on the list

Comment

Working...
                              X