Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally Getting Electricity At Deer Camp!! What would you....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally Getting Electricity At Deer Camp!! What would you....?

We are getting a 100AMP service dropped in this week.

This is our third year on this place. Always used generator to cool camper and propane to cook. In the hotter months we were using 20-25 gallons of gas and quite if bit of propane for cooking and lanterns for light.

I have so many ideas running through my head of what we can add now.

The obvious ones are 30 amp outlet for camper and LED floodlight lighting for around camp.

For all you guys who don't have electricity in camp - then did get it installed - what would be your "wants and needs" with electricity available??

Open to all ideas serious and silly ones!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lighted cleaning station for sure. A lot of outdoor lighting around camp

Comment

Walk in Cooler of Deep Freeze for Ice.

Comment

Hot water heater for showers.

Comment

Deep freeze and insta hot were probably the best things we put in our camp

Comment

Led Christmas lights around camp. An outlet or three for air compressor, lights really anything. One to run a water pump to your trailers. This means a new bigger water tank $. Which means a DIY septic tank $, lol.
            I understand your excitement. You know what yalls camp needs the most. Enjoy!

Comment

Man I didn't even think about a fridge/freezer we could leave running all season - GAME CHANGER

Comment

Originally posted by brunner View Post
                Man I didn't even think about a fridge/freezer we could leave running all season - GAME CHANGER

Until lightning hits and the electricity and/or the freezer goes out and all the food rots when you're not there. Cleaning that up is one nasty job.

Comment

Flood lights in camp are obnoxious. Don't waste your money.

Lighted cleaning area

Festoon (heavy duty Christmas lights) for around camp, and common walkways

Power for camper

Convenience outlets for common areas

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
                    Lighted cleaning station for sure. A lot of outdoor lighting around camp

This is actually huge. I finally got around to installing lights at our skinning rack last season. We’ve been skinning by flashlight, headlights, whatever kind of lights we could find. This is sooooo much nicer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                      Until lightning hits and the electricity and/or the freezer goes out and all the food rots when you're not there. Cleaning that up is one nasty job.
                      Been there hahaha!! happened plenty of times at my old camp.

I'd still suggest a small freezer to keep bags of ice for your coolers and meat so you have it onsite. Just don't leave stuff in it when your not there.

As others said, cleaning station light and electric for your camper and you'll be good. I don't think we used electricity for much else other than running a stereo for tunes out by the fire.

Comment

More amperage on my service.... unless you just have the one camper..

Outside of all the amenities inside a camper there really isn't that much we need lit.

VIPS are

Lit cleaning station
                        Lit place to assemble all the food when dark at dinner for big cooks outside
                        Lit parking area. Nice to be able to load or load in a little light
                        We also just put a light on our water pump/valve area controlled by a switch in the camphouse so turning the water system on or off at night isn't a rodeo with a flashlight and hoping there are no snakes.
                        Bug light off to the side of camp to draw them away.
                        Last edited by Smart; 12-06-2017, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                          This man knows what he's talking about. Ziplocs will not hold the smell of thawed out catfish for four days trust me.

Comment

All great input gents!!! Keep it coming

Comment

Lots of regular 110 plugs for odds and ends!

Also, I don’t know what county you’re in but in ours (Coleman) the electric co-op will install a huge floodlight and it runs us like $10-$15 a month. It’s a dusk to dawn light and it’s BRIGHT. Well worth it for us! We no longer need Christmas lights strung everywhere!

Comment

Working...
                              X