No announcement yet.

Live ELK HUNT public land Colorado DIY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best of luck to you fellas! Have you heard any bulls bugling??

Comment

Looks like you found a good place. Stay with. Can you follow those trails to private land? Catch them coming to water if they are coming in at night. Do you have a game cam?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
        Best of luck to you fellas! Have you heard any bulls bugling??
        Nope, just like NAVY CHIEF said, thr not bugling or talking. Its quiet.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Redraider View Post
          Looks like you found a good place. Stay with. Can you follow those trails to private land? Catch them coming to water if they are coming in at night. Do you have a game cam?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
          I cant go passed the pond , it turns into private land , but thrs is a strip of BLM land that goes up and back from the pond that i want to hike in.

Comment

Sorry guys we took the morning off , we were freaking exhausted from yesterday hiking in and out of thr. Im not the fittest guy either. That the other part of this elk hunting is the physical part. But we'll rest up today hike in again this evening. Yes we'll be putting a game came at the pond.

Comment

Even if i dont kill anything, im still winning.
              I live in lower brazoria county and its getting hammered with rain from the storm with massive flooding coming. So i cant even complain about my view right now.

Comment

Iv been thinkning and thinking about where to hunt but i think im going to stick with the pond , one major reason is IF i do kill im gonna have to put the meat in the pond till i get it all out because its going to be hell getting it out of that place.

Comment

Good luck. I leave the 15th for my first elk hunt. I can't wait.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Colorado parks and wildlife came and checked us out which we were all good , i asked if anyone done any good, he said total of 7 elk taken in this area so far 4 of bulls ( rag horns) but bulls none the less. I told him about the pond. He told me thats my best bet , to be patient they will come to that water. He told us one guy he checked, shot an elk yestersay morning and didn't find it till last night and its was on the verge of spoiling. It took them guys all night to pack it out. They took it to processor anyway to freeze it but it looked close to spoil. This it just another one of the adversities were faced with.

Comment

Stay on it you guys are doing great. It might take days but they will show back up at that water. That was one of my mistakes, leaving places with good sign to look for something better instead of sitting put and hunting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So what's the best way to avoid spoilage in this situation.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                          So what's the best way to avoid spoilage in this situation.

CPW ranger, said get hide off quickly, debone, put in white game bag and hang in shade. Its the best you can do he said. He actually told not to put it in the pond.

Comment

Originally posted by ArcoCazador View Post
                            CPW ranger, said get hide off quickly, debone, put in white game bag and hang in shade. Its the best you can do he said. He actually told not to put it in the pond.

That's what I figured would be the only option. I've heard putting it in a cold stream helps but I don't know if it's good to do or not

Comment

Ok were headed back out to the pond tonight

Comment

Good luck on the hunt and enjoy the amazing views!

Comment

Working...
                                X