7D owners question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7D owners question

Why did you choose the 7D over 70D. From what I'm reading the 70D wasn't released until last year? Was it not available at the time you bought? I'm thinking about a second body so I can keep the 400mm on and not have to remove it and leaning toward the 70D. I always had a second body with the Olympus and had a long lens on one of the two at all times.

Yep, the 70D is the newest release, so most 7D owners didn't have the option. The 7D was released in 2009 (I think). The 70D was the 60D's replacement.

I think the 7D mark II is supposed to come out some time this year. (According to canon rumors). May want to hold off buying just yet.

Comment

I dont know a whole lot about them but I do know that the 70d has live view auto focus. If you use it for video is a big advantage.

Comment

Thanks for the input. Honestly the 70D probably does more than I will ever learn to do on the camera. Any other 7D owners?

Comment

The reviews is what sold me on my 7d and the 70D was not an option at the time. It is a wonderful camera. If anything I might add a 5d Mk II or MkIII (full frame) for the future but have no plans to get rid of the 7d. Perfect for wildlife and feels good in my hands. Easy to handle. Great, Great camera. I love it. I don't post a whole lot on here but I have been following and the 100 - 400 you recently bought will work well on it. I have the same lens. I also use the 70-200 and the 24-70. All are really nice with this camera. I am sure your 400mm would be wonderful on that camera. I would highly recommend the 7d to anybody.
          Last edited by jdma; 04-20-2014, 06:02 AM.

Comment

I use a 7d and love it. I use a 100-400 on it frequently and it does really well.

Comment

It depends a lot on what you plan on doing with the camera. I do a lot of run and gun wildlife photography and started using the video on my camera a lot more. I just sold the 7D and the 70D is one of the cameras I am considering as a replacement. I will miss the multiple custom settings on the mode dial but the video focusing and articulating screen will more than make up for the few features I will be losing.

Comment

Articulating screen is a must. 7D doesn't have it?

Comment

70D didn't exist yet when I bought my 7D. Honestly, I haven't looked at the 70D in detail. I don't know what it offers that the 7D doesn't. I'm sure it has newer cool stuff.

Comment

Working...
                  X