No announcement yet.

Recovered guns update.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any ideas what I can use to help free up the slide on the glock ? Vinegar soak or the rust ? Then maybe some kroil oil ?

Comment

Originally posted by WDRookie View Post
      electrolysis cleaning....you will probably loose any remaining finish but there isn't much left anyway.

The finish is actually very good . It’s cerakoted distresses bronze . Only area of heavy rust is where the barrel sits in the slide .

Comment

Yeah I am thinking your better off using those as paper weights and buying something else

Comment

I went through the same thing about 20 years ago. They stole my whole safe, bunch of punks. They never could get it open though, farmer found them in his field trying to cut it open. They took off and he called the sheriff's office.

Sherriff's office had a locksmith open it up, I luckily had a title to my 4 wheeler inside the safe so they knew who to contact. After about a month I got everything back. Guns were pretty beat up from being in the safe and getting banged around pretty good, but at least I got my stuff back.

They were able to pull a print and convict one of the guys.

Comment

I try some solvent in an ultrasonic tank

Comment

That should buff right out nice with some Hoppes.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post

This is going to be your best bet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post

I don’t have one . Think a buddy does . Will give him a call

Comment

Anything you can soak them in would be better than letting them sit. I had friend that had a old berretta .22 that he found in a horse stall that looked worst than that Taurus. Still shoots today after we cleaned it up.

Comment

Wow. I missed where they were found?

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
                        Wow. I missed where they were found?

Mission bay near rockport. Someone wade fishing hug a camera bag and found them .

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                          Anything you can soak them in would be better than letting them sit. I had friend that had a old berretta .22 that he found in a horse stall that looked worst than that Taurus. Still shoots today after we cleaned it up.

I’m fixing to email Taurus and see what they say . That one I don’t mind scraping. Glock means something to me . Don’t want to scrap it if possible.

Comment

On really bad stuff we have always used a 50-50 mix of diesel and brake fluid you soak it in that it’ll take care of the rust but it may takeoff the finish as well

Comment

If the were found in the bottom of the bay, wouldn't one assume they were used in a homicide? Surprised you got them back. For the record.... I'm no Columbo...

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Do they have sentimental value? Why not just trash them and buy a new pistol?

Comment

Working...
                                X