Fishing recommendations near Seguin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As the title says, would like to fish the Guadalupe but open to any and all input. And go!

Lake Dunlop in New Braunfels. Durning the summer we fish it at night due to the boat traffic durning the day. We have caught some toads.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepDownSouth View Post
      Lake Dunlop in New Braunfels. Durning the summer we fish it at night due to the boat traffic durning the day. We have caught some toads.
      Thanks for the info. Any recommendations on what might be biting out there right now? How is the public access out there??

Comment

There is access and a boat ramp to the river on IH10 under the bridge just west of Seguin. Cant miss it on the highway. I see boats fishing almost every time I cross that bridge. Im assuming they are after bass.

Comment

Dunlap boat ramp is under IH35 in New Braunfels. Meadow lake in Seguin has a ramp but it is very narrow and a big boat trailer may not fit. I am not sure what is being caught right now, I would assume it is slow bite right now due to water temp.

Comment

Lake placid in seguin is the lake under ih10 just past loves east bound. I have fought some bass in there but usually just a few with my biggest about 3 pounds. Also there is meadow lake and lake Dunlap which all have public access. I’ve heard Dunlap holds the biggest fish of any of the lakes with the chance at stripers.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
              As the title says, would like to fish the Guadalupe but open to any and all input. And go!

Let’s float the canyon lake dam down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There's another boat ramp to Dunlap that back in a neighborhood. Has a drop box to put some money in. Its a better ramp and a easier ramp to use.

Comment

what are you wanting to catch? Bass or Catfish?

Comment

Lake Placid. Grandparents has a house on that lake for 40 year and I fished it every chanve I got. From yellow cats too big to eat to 5 gallon buckets full of crappie and perch it's a great little lake. Sure do miss that place.

God bless and happy hunting.
                    Richard.

Comment

I have fished McQueeney lots (between Dunlop and Placid) and used to live on Placid. Best fish I've caught in either place were in Placid---a 9, a 6.5, and a 6 in several years. Biggest I've caught in McQueeney was around 3.

Comment

Thanks for the info felllas !! Up for the football crowd...

Comment

Originally posted by OS_BRANDON View Post
                          Let’s float the canyon lake dam down?

PM coming your way shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by wes View Post
                            what are you wanting to catch? Bass or Catfish?
                            Either or both... I have a couple of nephews that live in the Seguin area and my brother is visiting me from the Chicago area. We wanted to spend a little time with them and hoping to drown a few worms in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
                              There's another boat ramp to Dunlap that back in a neighborhood. Has a drop box to put some money in. Its a better ramp and a easier ramp to use.

Yup off Schumans Beach Rd. It’s right around the corner from me. You access it off FM 725 and it’s $5 to use.

To the OP, try throwing a bubble gum colored plastic.

If your launching a boat and use the I-35 ramp in New Braunfels, don’t back in too far. The ramp ends abruptly and you’ll drop a tire off the end.... seen many of trailers get stuck or pop a tire from backing off too far.

Last edited by hgiles; 01-15-2018, 05:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X