Cass County Hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cass County Hunting

Anyone hunt in or around Cass county (Linden area) that can give me a little knowledge or intel about deer population or any other tidbits of info that could help. I'm looking at getting a piece of property there to hunt on.

There are some big deer hiding up there.

Comment

Live in Cass County near Linden. Lots of good hunting in the area but of course some areas are better than others. Real familiar with the area! Local feed store has Cass County buck pot and it has good deer brought in all season long!!!

Comment

Been hunting there for years , big deer are there but they dont givr it very easy

Comment

Thanks for the input

Comment

DYARB,
            Are you related to the Yarboroughs from Avinger?

Comment

Grew up there and hunt off west side off 59 appr 3 miles north outside of Linden.

Comment

Walk out with a light after dark! Walking through a hay meadow back to the barn my last sit in Cass and had some road hunters slam the brakes on and stick a rifle out the window before I could get my light out and they figured out I wasn't a critter.

Comment

Originally posted by Witchgrass View Post
                  DYARB,
                  Are you related to the Yarboroughs from Avinger?

No sir not that I know of

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                    Walk out with a light after dark! Walking through a hay meadow back to the barn my last sit in Cass and had some road hunters slam the brakes on and stick a rifle out the window before I could get my light out and they figured out I wasn't a critter.

That is freaking crazy. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

No deer in east Texas....There are some good deer in Cass county. You'll have to hunt hard to see the biggest ones. I haven't hunted around Linden, always in Hughes Springs. About 15 miles west of there.

Comment

Are you looking at New lease? Hunting the pine thickets is brutal. Hay meadows and oak thickets make it tolerable. Doe herd on my family friends place is best ever. However everything over 13" is still getting shot up before they can make it over to his property. We have not shot a shooter buck in over 7 years and have not captured a shooter on trail cams in last 3. Neighbors and loggers have made it tough. Thank goodness for bow and doe seasons

Comment

Originally posted by ted_kennedys_liver View Post
                          Are you looking at New lease? Hunting the pine thickets is brutal. Hay meadows and oak thickets make it tolerable. Doe herd on my family friends place is best ever. However everything over 13" is still getting shot up before they can make it over to his property. We have not shot a shooter buck in over 7 years and have not captured a shooter on trail cams in last 3. Neighbors and loggers have made it tough. Thank goodness for bow and doe seasons

Where abouts are you hunting

Comment

I hunted at Iron Ore hunt club,and never seen any deer in person,on camera and only at night..

Comment

Originally posted by DYARB View Post
                              Where abouts are you hunting
                              About 3 miles down what they call tobacco rd (can't recall the county road #). Irin ore lake it's about 3 miles on other side off us

Comment

Working...
                              X