Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CFB - Recruiting and Off Season News (not Smack!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
    Young prolly close to 50/50.

We will know how they feel about parker and McGraw (Kenny's teammate) this weekend if they offer Donovan Wilson. (safety out of LA with not very good offer list, but 1st team all state safety w/ 13 int). Backup to our backup plan, but if whiff on the others may as well take him and hope it works out...
    @TaylorHamm247: TCU has offered Shreveport Woodlawn DB Donovan Wilson. That really puts the pressure on A&M. May head to Fort Worth this weekend instead

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
      Strong was in and out, time for Sumlin to fly in on the Swagcopter.

The in school meetings were set for 9:00 am and 11:00 am, I believe.

Sounds like Alaka might come to Austin this weekend. He seems like a heavy Aggie lean at this point. Although, last impression may be all in Strong and staffs hands if he comes to the Forty this weekend to meet the staff. That is, unless Sumlin can get him to flip, today.
      This would have to be an unofficial visit since he's already taken his official when Mack was still the coach. If he comes to Austin on his own dime I would say that's great news and he may not be an aggie lean after all.

Looking forward to hearing how the in-homes go tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by bdchorn View Post
        This would have to be an unofficial visit since he's already taken his official when Mack was still the coach. If he comes to Austin on his own dime I would say that's great news and he may not be an aggie lean after all.

Looking forward to hearing how the in-homes go tonight.
        Strong has already talked to these young men...

@max_olson: Per their coaches, Texas commits Armanti and D'Onta Foreman looking to take an official visit to Missouri soon. That's surprising.

Comment

Strong has already talked to these young men...

@max_olson: Per their coaches, Texas commits Armanti and D'Onta Foreman looking to take an official visit to Missouri soon. That's surprising.
          I was surprised by that as well, but Strong apparently encourages all recruits to take visits so maybe that's all it is. Pretty much the opposite of Mack

Comment

CFB - Recruiting and Off Season News (not Smack!)

Originally posted by bdchorn View Post
            I was surprised by that as well, but Strong apparently encourages all recruits to take visits so maybe that's all it is. Pretty much the opposite of Mack
            Mack wasn't against visits, he wanted a commit to be committed... Take all your visits before you make a decision, that's how I viewed Mack's philosophy.

It's a little late in the game and D'onta didn't have anything to brag about until Texas came along with the double offer. He had a great year this year. Hopefully they're just looking for a little attention, who knows...

National signing day is the 5th.
            Last edited by Chad C; 01-23-2014, 03:35 PM.

Comment

If we offer Wilson then sumlin at best feels like he will land 1/2 of other safeties... McGraw is down to Oregon and AM on NSD and last two years we lost a guy to Oregon on NSD...

Comment

@DamonSayles: #ESPN300 ATH & #HookEm commit Lorenzo Joe (@LoJoe12) will take an official to #GoFrogs this weekend. Can the #Horns keep him committed?

Comment

@DamonSayles: #ESPN300 ATH & #HookEm commit Lorenzo Joe (@LoJoe12) will take an official to #GoFrogs this weekend. Can the #Horns keep him committed?
                  If Strong is telling them to take visits, I hope it pays off in a good way.

Comment

thanks for the update.

Comment

2015 longhorn commit Aaron garza

quote:
                      So I guess we arnt committed to Texas anymore? @connerlanfear74 Auburn came by today. At least somebody cares!

That's Funny right there, Idc who u are.

Comment

Michigan st recruit (im sure soon to be "former" recruit
                        [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfqIlDm_vGM"]Jayru campbell drops security guard - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                          2015 longhorn commit Aaron garza

quote:
                          So I guess we arnt committed to Texas anymore? @connerlanfear74 Auburn came by today. At least somebody cares!

That's Funny right there, Idc who u are.
                          Is the funny part what he typed or that it took him this long to figure out the new staff probably isn't going to honor his commitment to Mack's bunch?

Comment

Originally posted by MassMan View Post
                            Is the funny part what he typed or that it took him this long to figure out the new staff probably isn't going to honor his commitment to Mack's bunch?

Sounds like a kid desperate for attention who can't wait his turn for a visit?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Sounds like a kid desperate for attention who can't wait his turn for a visit?
                              Many are and I trust Wickline knows a thing or two about who he wants in the trenches. They've thrown out offers to other 2015 OLs but haven't contacted this commit...hmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by MassMan View Post
                                Many are and I trust Wickline knows a thing or two about who he wants in the trenches. They've thrown out offers to other 2015 OLs but haven't contacted this commit...hmmm.
                                Yup. Change is in the air!

Comment

Working...
                                X