Water totes in feed pens??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone put water totes in their pens for deer? If so how long did the water last? I know it will vary with deer destiny etc but just curious what anyone’s experience was

I have two 275 gallon totes in my feed pen. They last about 6-8 weeks in the summer and 8-9 when it's cooler weather. I have about 25 deer a day drinking from it

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
      I have two 275 gallon totes in my feed pen. They last about 6 weeks in the summer and 8-9 when it's cooler weather. I have about 25 deer a day drinking from it
      Excellent information. Any pics of your setup?

Comment

My 275 gallon tank last a week- ten days. It's shaded, painted black and dispenses into a small waterer with a float valve. They hammer the water, can't keep up filling it. I don’t have many pics on my phone. You can see it in background
        Last edited by James; 07-16-2018, 08:09 PM.

Comment

I’m looking at doing the same thing. Needing to buy a pump to fill them. I can’t wait to see more setups to give me ideas!

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
            Excellent information. Any pics of your setup?

Well I looked through my pics and I don't have one. The two totes come into one 3/4" pipe that runs to a pan with a float valve on it.

Comment

We are about to do 2 totes that will feed a trough from TSC. Luckily we have a well about 300 yards away to keep them full.

Comment

Two totes in each pen... went from one to two to lessen tme in between fills. Like above I get 1.5-2 months out of a double tote with a high density during the summer. During season, its probably closer to 3 month.

Seismic water station

Click image for larger version

Name:	000 Seismic water.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	184.8 KB
ID:	24546546

Slacker water station...second pics shows the added double tote.

Name:	Slacker water station.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	156.4 KB
ID:	24546547

Name:	00slkrwater.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	24546548

Comment

Shootin'em in the pen!!!!
                  Gotta love it

Comment

My set up is pretty much the same as in Smarts first pic. Except without that ugly camo

Comment

Make sure to paint them black or have them completely covered or you will have some science experiment looking stuff growing in them!

Comment

Originally posted by Saltwaterag View Post
                        Make sure to paint them black or have them completely covered or you will have some science experiment looking stuff growing in them!
                        Yep. If there's is any sunlight getting in algae will grow

Comment

Here's my setup. Has 50 sq ft of roof to catch rain if it ever rains, plus another 40 sq ft off my bow blind piped over. I haul water to refill periodically. Water gravity feeds down to a pig waterer hooked to my panels around feed pen
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
                            Shootin'em in the pen!!!!
                            Gotta love it

LOL....Ironically that was a cull buck shot by Skinny at my place and he actually shot it outside the pen and it jumped in the pen and died. Crazy happening right there.. I'll see if I can find the video.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                              My set up is pretty much the same as in Smarts first pic. Except without that ugly camo

LMAO...it is darker now. That was a $5 gallon of gray exterior Ooops paint at Lowes

Comment

Working...
                              X