Bugs - Garden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bugs - Garden

I can say I officially dislike very much squash bugs and some black flying bug that is crawling all over my tomato plants too. I took a few days to work on another project and when and inspected the garden and these bugs just won't die... I will get after them after work today... I HATE SQUASH BUGS. I feel better now.

Originally posted by czechgrubworm View Post
    I can say I officially dislike very much squash bugs and some black flying bug that is crawling all over my tomato plants too. I took a few days to work on another project and when and inspected the garden and these bugs just won't die... I will get after them after work today... I HATE SQUASH BUGS. I feel better now.
    Are you talking about the bugs that we sometimes call stink bugs? Leaf footed something or other I think. If so, I hate them too! Can destroy a garden in short work. And can't hardly get rid of them once they set in.

Comment

Best thing I have found for squash bugs is hit them with some raid flying insect killer. After a few days of doing that it really knocks down their population.

Comment

I use Sulfur around my plants, help keep them away.

Comment

If it is a small garden the best thing I have found is to pick/squish them by hand. Spray garden with water and they will all run to the underside of the squash leaves, then flip leaf over and pick them off. A few evenings of this and I can pretty much get rid of them.

Comment

Originally posted by eteranch View Post
            If it is a small garden the best thing I have found is to pick/squish them by hand. Spray garden with water and they will all run to the underside of the squash leaves, then flip leaf over and pick them off. A few evenings of this and I can pretty much get rid of them.
            Exactly what I was told by a friend that gardens a lot! Wanna try out the bug-a-salt on em too!lol

Comment

Ive been battling them for over a month now. 7dust liquid keeps them at bay, but the babies (the little orange ones) keep coming back. A guy told me he just takes a little dust vacum out there and sucks them up. leaves it in the sun and it kills them. dumps it out and repeats as necessary.

Comment

We stayed ahead of 'em until the past couple weeks, then they just seem to have exploded after that last rain...

Comment

Yes, after the rain is when it started.. exactly. I have a large garden. They have attacked the zucchini, yellow squash and the spaghetti squash too... I got some of the diatomaceous earth at the store and going to sprinkle that around the plant this evening and give that a try...

Comment

try putting some diamataceaus earth in the garden

Comment

Originally posted by ckamp52 View Post
                      try putting some diamataceaus earth in the garden
                      I have a bag ready. Going to put in a shaker container I had from Seven dust and see what happens... thanks.

Comment

Dish soap in a water bottle kills those **** things almost instantly.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                          Dish soap in a water bottle kills those **** things almost instantly.
                          Ratio? I will do that too.............

Comment

Chances are your zucchini and other plants may have been hit by the squash vine borer. They are devastating to zukes and squash... Look near the ground on the main stalk and see if there's a tan sawdust looking gooey substance... If so, split the stalk and dig around. You'll find a little white maggot looking larva... that's the likely culprit.

Comment

Luckily it does not appear to be the vine borer. I put out the diamataceaus earth out and seems to be doing a good job...

Comment

Working...
                              X