No announcement yet.

Christian Book Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue like Jazz if you want to think on different ideas. Love and respect for marriage. If you like theological ideas presented in story, look for the sci fi trilogy CS Lewis wrote, or this present darkness/piercing the darkness, and theres a third my wife was reading and left somewhere around the house that I can't remember, me and my dad both liked it.. I can't read books that just are discussions on ideas, because they're normally just a rehashing of someonr else's, or something you ought to learn living and working.

Comment

Radical by David Platt

Comment

The Story, by Max Lucado and Randy Frazee.

Comment

Everything you need to know about life is in the Bible, but I also like to read books written by Max Lucado

Comment

God, Nimrod and the World: Exploring Christian Perspectives on Sport Hunting

Haven't read it yet but just ordered it after hearing him on Meat Eater

Comment

Radical by David Platt

People To Be Loved by Preston Sprinkle

Comment

Man in the mirror, written by Patrick Morely.

Comment

Download the Logos app. Each month they give away freebooks and also give quit a few away at initial sign up.

All touch on the areas you are looking into

Blessings!

Comment

This book isn't specifically Christian, but it's written by a Christian and it focuses on how to deal with and relate and communicate with people who have different and/or opposing viewpoints. It's really good. Everyone should read it. It could be called "How To Be A Christian In An Anti-Christian World Without Shouting At Everyone All The Time".

How to Think: A Survival Guide for a World at Odds - Alan Jacobs (Author)
                    Last edited by Shane; 07-17-2018, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                      This book isn't specifically Christian, but it's written by a Christian and it focuses on how to deal with and relate and communicate with people who have different and/or opposing viewpoints. It's really good. Everyone should read it. It could be called "How To Be A Christian In An Anti-Christian World Without Shouting At Everyone All The Time".

How to Think: A Survival Guide for a World at Odds - Alan Jacobs (Author)
                      I read this recently. I think the title could also be "Shut up and listen. When you want to respond, shut up an listen again!"

OP:
                      Knowing God (J.I. Paker)
                      What Jesus Demands From the World (John Piper)
                      Love that Lasts (Gary Ricucci) good Biblical marriage book
                      Valley of Vision Prayers of the Puritans is great for devotional reading.

These are just a few old standbys on my bookshelf.

Comment

As mentioned above by others, "Radical" by David Platt is good. One of my personal favorites is "Slave" by John MacArthur.

Comment

I'm not sure they fall into the categories you mention, but all of Tom Doyle's books are great - Dreams and Visions (it is about how Jesus is appearing to muslims in their dreams and visions around the world), Killing Christians and (I think) In the Fire are about persecuted Christians living out their faith today.

Comment

Working...
                          X