X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No cash
    No splash

Comment

Americans have been brainwashed into thinking they need credit cards. I struggled with CC debt for many years but haven't used one in a decade.

Get you some scissors and a plan to get out of debt. Dave Ramsey plan has worked for me and many others.

Comment

Some of these replied make me think this more 2Cool or AT.
        I used to love this site. Too many A Holes now.
        What happened to the "Brotherhood" SMH

OP.
        I haven't used the company you are asking about.

Here's my story:

About 15 years ago I used a company out of Florida, forget the name. They contacted my Creditors and worked out a deal with them on my behalf. It helped, unfortunately I didn't learn my lesson and 2 years later we had 10k in Credit Card debt again, my house was in arrears, late payment fee was killing me, lost my Overtime.
        House was foreclosed on. F I L died, we used her half of his life insurance to pay off the credit cards. We cut them up and haven't had / used one since.

I'm not sure of your situation, I'm sorry you're in it.

Comment

I like how so many people on here are so great, don’t use cc, don’t spend more than you make etc.. this guy is asking for HELPFUL info not how great all y’all are

Comment

That’s interesting!

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
              Has little to do with honesty and much to do with tactfulness, empathy and respect.

If you’ve never had credit card debt I’d expect you wouldn’t understand my defensiveness for the OP.
              Well said

Comment

Originally posted by mossyoak20 View Post
                a little more info... she received a letter in the mail about debt consolidation. she doesn't have bad credit, but her credit card utilization is pretty high. she isn't behind on payments, but paying out a lot to get the balances down. So, i asked her to call them to see what it was all about. I think they "sold" her on the idea of reducing her debt for a lesser payment. I'm worried she is walking into a world of hurting if she does it!
                Go to Dave Ramseys website and order the kit so y'all can watch the videos together. There's probably online videos too. It will be the best thing you can do to tackle the situation together b it's not her debt, it's y'alls debt. Good luck.

As others have said, it's not just payig off the debt, lifestyle must change.

Comment

Originally posted by randal View Post
                  I like how so many people on here are so great, don’t use cc, don’t spend more than you make etc.. this guy is asking for HELPFUL info not how great all y’all are
                  And yet you offer no advice...

Cutting up the credit cards and reading Dave Ramsey is a fantastic first step.

Comment

Originally posted by mossyoak20 View Post
                    My wife was contacted by USEFS for consolidation and or management of her credit cards. Has anyone ever used this company or a company alike? Did you experience a negative impact on your credit? They claim there is a program that the creditors work with to agree to a lower interest rate? Have any of you had any luck with such program.
                    You can do the same thing yourself without paying them a commission

Comment

Originally posted by Leon County Slayer View Post
                      Go to Dave Ramseys website and order the kit so y'all can watch the videos together. There's probably online videos too. It will be the best thing you can do to tackle the situation together b it's not her debt, it's y'alls debt. Good luck.

As others have said, it's not just payig off the debt, lifestyle must change.
                      This

Comment

This will kick start you on the Dave Ramsey train.

Dumping Debt -- Freedom from Debt -Sermon by Dave Ramsey Check out Top free Christian Apps at https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Christian+Chann...

Comment

bad news bears. stay away.

Comment

Dave Ramsey worked for us when we were in the same situation. No need to pay someone else to do it for you and also not have control over how they go about doing it.

There's been some great advice given here but the best is pointing out that y'all have got to get on the same page. When we were done paying ours off we never want to see a credit card again. A few people do fine with having them but most will end up right back in the same situation.

Comment

Working...
                            X