Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As someone that has been through some tough medical issues this is tough for me to see. I was fortunate enough to be in great shape as far as insurance and financial support goes. I turned down help that was offered because I thought that help could always go to someone more in need. So, I've seen TBH at its best, (more than once!), when it comes to the desire to help others in need. I see how giving the hearts of our brotherhood is every year during the Christmas thread.
    I will not condemn the person because there must be some underlying mental health issue for this to have happened. I can't imagine a mentally and emotionally healthy person doing something like this. Prayers for all involved is all I can do.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
      No, it was not..no fund raising efforts were started. This was talked about in Michael's initial post.
      that is what i read, but he made it sound like one was started somewhere. just making sure and thank you

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
        Wow, I have gone back through the whole other thread and picked through everything on this thread. What a mess. I hope Michael and Mary have all the deleted threads from over the years saved because this would be a great novel...

The Life and Times of Texas Bowhunter

Chapter 467 : The ballad of Adair
        Chapter 680: Secret tips to lure monster bucks through the HF with Pea Gravel and Vanilla
        Chapter 1065: Bigfoot
        Chapter 1352: 6.5 Creedmoor
        Chapter 1499: 278 but was it really 271?
        Chapter 1671: The truth about Lymes Disease and its effects on those closest to you.
        Chapter 1672: Courtney and Lymes Disease - True Hollywood Story / Catfish crossover episode...

I always wonder what the next entertaining chapter will be in our little community...

I feel bad for those deeply vested emotionally in this **** show, and especially the kids since they can't chose their current situation. Just goes to show that you never really know what someone is capable of doing. I'm ata loss for words as far as being able to believe it got drug out that long. Good job Bobby! Sorry for the mess you got put through Brandon, hang in there!
        You forgot the Hump it till it pees chapter

Comment

As others, I was away for the weekend. Not that I didn't think about this lady and still offer up prayers, just didn't have access to see how she was progressing. I think the last I read on Friday was that she crashed again (for 30 minutes or something)!! I really thought that was it and then they did a brain scan and no affects. Hmmmm.... Many even posted at that time we all just witnessed a true miracle. I had a gut feeling when I checked in this morning that she was going to be gone. She's gone alright.....

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
            that is what i read, but he made it sound like one was started somewhere. just making sure and thank you
            The fact that "Jenn" said no gofundme when fund raising was mentioned was one of the first clues that this thing was BS.

Comment

Oh wow sound's like there is a problem !

Comment

Originally posted by careybirdwell View Post
                Wow, just wow. I always tell my wife & friends that I would trust anyone on this site. I don't really know what happened, but I just know a lot of TBH members gave their hearts & prayers and that is something that you can't put a monetary valve on.
                I FEEL THE SAME WAY, I have been on here for several years, never been real vocal, but I been around.... I made many a deal and done trading with TBH members, my wife knows, that if I say its a TBH member, she ain't worried,
                Not once have I ever had second thoughts about doing any dealings with a TBHer. this should not deter any one from wanting to help, and/or deal with a fellow TBHer..

Comment

While I followed the thread and prayed for her I never posted on the thread. What I gained from this is greater respect for the members that I already know, respect for many members that I haven't met yet and the knowledge that I will be more diligent in checking for ticks in the future!!!!

Looking forward to meeting you Saturday Brandon!!!

Bobby, you proved that you don't spend all your time at the donut shop! On second thought maybe you do.....but you do your best thinking there!!!

See you Saturday morning Duane!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                    The fact that "Jenn" said no gofundme when fund raising was mentioned was one of the first clues that this thing was BS.
                    That did seem odd. They would had to have discussed that before she went into surgery before there was even a need.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                      I first want to say thank you . I had no idea and was just trying to help. I'm heartbroken and disappointed. I'm sorry I brought this drama to TBH but as mentioned above, if anything TBH has shown its love once again. I apologize for this.. B
                      No need to apologize at all. You seem like your heart was in the right place.

Comment

prayers

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                          I found that odd as well.. and the no visitors, gifts , and hospital info...but benefit of doubt and prayers are free.
                          Big "wth" was the 30 minutes of no heart beat..but was on breathing machine..that was when i had to ask Brandon if i read that right..
                          but again.. prayers are free.

Wont stop me from doing it again...

Comment

There were many clues, starting with the very first post...13-14 units of blood. Any of these clues could possibly have been true, but not when taken all together. And don't forget the person's history of posting very questionable threads. The elements of a good lie includes a sprinkling of truth to keep you hooked. This was classic "6th grade girl drama", except at a higher level. I think there were a lot of folks who saw through this early on, but didn't have any way to prove it. The Pathological Liar thread and Catfishing thread were both aimed at this one, and Chew had a good idea what he would (not) find at the hospital. I'm sure he went to verify concerns that this was a hoax. I hope this person gets some help with her problems.

Comment

I'm disappointed in the woman who perpetrated this whole thing and I hope that she gets the help that she needs.

But what we should be thankful for is for this board and the members who are a part of it.

We can be angry, upset, disappointed and pizzed off but if we think about it there is much to be thankful for. We should be thankful for those who cared enough to offer up prayers and assistance to someone we thought was in need.

I haven't needed to ask for prayers from our wonderful group of people but I know that if some event in my life caused me to ask for them that many would step up to the plate.

I'm proud of all of us for doing the right thing and as Charlie pointed out our prayers were not wasted.

At the end of the day we were taken in by someone but we answered the call and that's all that really matters now.

I wasn't aware of who Courtney is, but since her full name was posted, I do know of her. She lives a short distance from me and I know a lot about her history and none of what I know is good.

I can only hope that she gets the help that she needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Dudley View Post
                                There were many clues, starting with the very first post...13-14 units of blood. Any of these clues could possibly have been true, but not when taken all together. And don't forget the person's history of posting very questionable threads. The elements of a good lie includes a sprinkling of truth to keep you hooked. This was classic "6th grade girl drama", except at a higher level. I think there were a lot of folks who saw through this early on, but didn't have any way to prove it. The Pathological Liar thread and Catfishing thread were both aimed at this one, and Chew had a good idea what he would (not) find at the hospital. I'm sure he went to verify concerns that this was a hoax. I hope this person gets some help with her problems.
                                A buddy of mine texted me and asked me about the original thread which I had not been following as I haven't been on much. When I opened it and saw the "13-14 units of blood" I smelled a ****show in the making. The human body only holds 8-12 units of blood...

Brandon, hate to see that you were used in this clusteryouknowwhat. You're a good man, don't let any of this bring you down and you owe NO ONE an apology!!

Charlie, I know you prayed for me and my family over my mother many times and it always made me smile and tear up to know that someone would pray that hard and in such depth as you did for someone you barely knew. Prayers never go unheard. Prayers are never wasted. Sometimes they just get re-routed by Him for a greater good.

Makes me wish I could make it to Nanza just to shake both of your hands.

Comment

Working...
                                X