Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else intentionally eating tag soup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not intentional but I ate a very bitter Colorado either sex elk tag soup. It tasted much the way I would imagine fecal matter tastes like.

Comment

Buck tag soup! Never seen so many young bucks,but nothing mature.
      But maybe culling does later with a friend.

Comment

Intentionally? Yes, but only because I didn't want to take anything young. Just never saw anything mature.

Comment

Yep poor deer hunters usually make great duck hunters and fishermen.[emoji4].

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh yea, for sure. Passed up a ton of legal bucks in my AR county just so they’d have another year to get bigger!

Comment

I was watching a nice 3.5ish yo buck @ my home feeder Sunday afternoon out my living room window. My son was jumping up and down for me to shoot it, but he'll be much better next year if he dodges all the cars and rednecks between now and then.

Comment

I've got enough tags to feed the family....

Comment

I saw lots of young bucks and chose to pass. Always next year

Comment

This is the first year in 54 years that I haven't shot a deer on my place.

My son stuck a spike and my wife a doe but I'm turning back 6 doe tags simply because we never saw any deer after that.

I'll get meat from doe that we help cull off a big ranch in South Texas and some Axis from the Utopia but it felt weird not shooting a deer on my own place since I was 6 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      Nice lead in to a hunt request..

Enjoy those ducks while you are still young..
                      Truth! I go on occasion now, but only if there's not much work involved It was sure a lot of fun back when I was younger(and thinner) though!

Comment

Tag soup for me and the end of the season is coming soon. Not sure that it is or was intentional however. Back issues are the primary reason I have not gone out hunting much this year. It's hard to sit still for any amount of time with an aching back for me. I figured it would be pointless to go sit in the brush just to spook deer away. Not at all what I had in mind after a successful season last year

Comment

Yep! Passed on some doe, didn't see a shooter.

Comment

Could have

Whitetail Tag soup for me. I hunted a 150 inch 10 pt about 35 hunts and he never showed during shooting hours. Had several chances to harvest at 125 to 130 inch eight but turned him down the first morning of bow season and the last evening of bow season and another high horn 8 that needed another year or so. I did harvest a 313 inch 6x5 elk with my bow so freezer if full of elk.

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
                              Yep poor deer hunters usually make great duck hunters and fishermen.[emoji4].

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
                              Haha Im just not mad enough at them anymore!
                              My son however is ate up with it. Goose hunting would be a different situation.

Comment

I didn't make not one hunt, not even dove. Bad year, busy with work, pool, house, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X