No announcement yet.

2016 Pushmataha County Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we have a hand full of cameras up. no giants yet but a couple on the hit list. went up over the weekend and was able to harvest a nice doe at 35 yards.

we are kinda near 880000 and one creek road intersection. a few miles south east of it. about three miles form the airport... ish.

Comment

Those are some nice bucks.

Anyone hunting north of Antlers off hwy 2 between Moyers and Clayton? I'm up near a community called Stanley.

Comment

Originally posted by PSE-Madman View Post
        we have a hand full of cameras up. no giants yet but a couple on the hit list. went up over the weekend and was able to harvest a nice doe at 35 yards.

we are kinda near 880000 and one creek road intersection. a few miles south east of it. about three miles form the airport... ish.
        I drive up the 88000 road when I come in the back way. It's about a 45 min drive in that way to camp but when I take a trailer we have to go that way or tare up the trailer coming up the old swichback.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Heading up to the Kiamichis on Thursday night and plan on putting in a full day on stand on Friday and Saturday. Weather forecast says 100% rain on Friday but allot can change in 4 days. That's what God made rain gear for anyway. [emoji3]

We have several good bucks in the area with two shooters last seen in velvet. Haven't cycled two of my cams in the most remote spots in over a month now. No deer taken and very little hunting done so far this season. Looking for some stand time to rejuvenate my mind.

Comment

The first kill for our place this year. Hopefully one of many. I won't be back till ML season. Just did three weekends in a row. The wife will kill me if I'm
            Not around this weekend. Still though I'll be up the entire ML season

Comment

Deer spun on me. Bad shot but it killed her quickly

Comment

Congrats Phill! The supernaturally spooky mountain doe population lost a member! Meat in the freezer. Nice work. I'll be smoking the first doe that gives me a shot opportunity.

Comment

Meat on the table. Glad the shot worked out and you got her on the ground!

Comment

Originally posted by Texfisher View Post

Anyone hunting north of Antlers off hwy 2 between Moyers and Clayton? I'm up near a community called Stanley.
                    I'm off 144 on the east side of Nashoba. I think its about 15 miles from Clayton.

Comment

Originally posted by acearrow View Post
                      I'm off 144 on the east side of Nashoba. I think its about 15 miles from Clayton.
                      I think most of the guys are hunting off of 271. We have several hunt clubs where I'm at but I don't think anyone on here is in my area.

Comment

Originally posted by Texfisher View Post

Im a little North of Clayton.

Comment

How are you guys communicating with each other in the mountains. Cell phone? Gps? Our cell service is spotty at best and wanted to know a better alternative than relying on Verizon or at&t

Comment

Originally posted by Codypatt1 View Post
                            How are you guys communicating with each other in the mountains. Cell phone? Gps? Our cell service is spotty at best and wanted to know a better alternative than relying on Verizon or at&t
                            When i was hunting east of stringtown at&t had coverage. I had verizon and only way i coulg get signal was to get on top of the mountain.

Comment

We have one spot on top of the mountain that we can get a signal.

Comment

thanks Booner.

we get cell service in camp if you have verizon. the problem is that we all have At&T. We have a deer stand at the top of one of the mountains we call the cell tower. you literally have to climb up in it to make a call.

Comment

Working...
                                X