Sandman Ti owners, thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sandman Ti owners, thoughts?

I'm thinking very hard about getting a Sandman Ti next month. Any negative feedback from anyone that owns one? Would you buy again? Anything you have put it beside that is quieter in the same weight/length class?

I love mine.

nothing negative to say about it.
    Dead Air is good people. I'd buy more from them if I needed anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckySWT View Post
      I love mine.

nothing negative to say about it.
      Dead Air is good people. I'd buy more from them if I needed anything else.
      X2. And I have bought more from them.

Comment

My sandman Ti is in jail still... I'll let you know when I get it

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

I've got a regular sandman and a ghost 45 from them. Prob will buy one more from them for another gun. They're extremely nice, very well thought out and designed suppressors

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
            My sandman Ti is in jail still... I'll let you know when I get it

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
            Well, I might get mine in hand before you. [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
              X2. And I have bought more from them.
              X2

Comment

I love mine. Direct thread and fairly short....I have nothing but good things to say about it. I also have nothing but good things to say about Capitol Armory in Austin. I did everything online, couldn't have been easier and they shipped the can directly to my door in Nacogdoches County. I never had to leave the house.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
                  I love mine. Direct thread and fairly short....I have nothing but good things to say about it. I also have nothing but good things to say about Capitol Armory in Austin. I did everything online, couldn't have been easier and they shipped the can directly to my door in Nacogdoches County. I never had to leave the house.
                  'Cept that one time you almost got arrested for walking into the Sheriff's office with ur guns a-blazing!

Comment

'Cept that one time you almost got arrested for walking into the Sheriff's office with ur guns a-blazing!

Well except for that. But I still call bull on that.

The story is, I go to our county Sheriff’s Office to get my fingerprints. I had my pants on, so I was carrying concealed. I made a conscious note to look at the front door before I ever got out of the truck to see what the signage on the door said about concealed handguns. No signage at all. Good to go, I’m just going in the office anyway, not the jail.

I walk in, tell the clerk what I need and sit down. 30 seconds later a lady comes out and asks me to follow her to get finger printed. I walk through the door and we are in the hallway where their offices are and she’s got a finger print station right there. She turns and says matter-of-fact, “no knives, sharp objects or firearms on you correct?” Um....at least 2 out of 3 are in my pocket and if my knife was sharp it would be batting .1000! I raise an eye brow and say “yes I do have some things on that list” and she nearly flips out. I mean she gets that look like I just tracked cow manure on to the carpet in the Lincoln bedroom at the White House. I’m thinking...it’s just Lincoln, I’m a true Southerner, I can’t stand him anyway. But I digress.... She seems to be in a dilemma, tase me, shoot my dog and send me to the penitentiary until I have grandkids or let me go to my truck and dump the “contraband”. I can see it in her eyes, she’s truly torn about what to do. I calmly tell her to please unlock the door that slammed behind us and I’ll walk out and come back in 45 seconds and we can proceed. She seems to agree and fumbles and lets me out.

I come back and say “let’s start fresh”. She’s still shook up, sort of like if I’d told her Blue Bell was going out of business but then said I was just kidding. Her breathing was still labored. As I’m getting my prints done I kindly mention that there is no signage out front and if they don’t want licensed carriers to come in their offices, they should post a sign. She was very nice but still wasn’t sure what to say. She asked what I was getting prints for and I told her a suppressor and she looked at me like I said I was buying a Sherman tank. I think she was new around there.

Anyway, the moral of the story is, if you are carrying a handgun don’t go into the SO even if they don’t have signs posted. It’s a small town and I’ve got enough friends at SO, PD and DPS to get out of it but I’d have had to cancel the order for the suppressor and spend the money on coffee donuts to repay the get-out-of-jail favor.

That’s my story, mostly all true.[emoji16]

Comment

My Sandman S is in Jail. I was close to getting the Ti. I've heard good things about them all. Can't go wrong with Dead Air

Comment

The story is, I go to our county Sheriff’s Office to get my fingerprints. I had my pants on, so I was carrying concealed. I made a conscious note to look at the front door before I ever got out of the truck to see what the signage on the door said about concealed handguns. No signage at all. Good to go, I’m just going in the office anyway, not the jail.

I walk in, tell the clerk what I need and sit down. 30 seconds later a lady comes out and asks me to follow her to get finger printed. I walk through the door and we are in the hallway where their offices are and she’s got a finger print station right there. She turns and says matter-of-fact, “no knives, sharp objects or firearms on you correct?” Um....at least 2 out of 3 are in my pocket and if my knife was sharp it would be batting .1000! I raise an eye brow and say “yes I do have some things on that list” and she nearly flips out. I mean she gets that look like I just tracked cow manure on to the carpet in the Lincoln bedroom at the White House. I’m thinking...it’s just Lincoln, I’m a true Southerner, I can’t stand him anyway. But I digress.... She seems to be in a dilemma, tase me, shoot my dog and send me to the penitentiary until I have grandkids or let me go to my truck and dump the “contraband”. I can see it in her eyes, she’s truly torn about what to do. I calmly tell her to please unlock the door that slammed behind us and I’ll walk out and come back in 45 seconds and we can proceed. She seems to agree and fumbles and lets me out.

I come back and say “let’s start fresh”. She’s still shook up, sort of like if I’d told her Blue Bell was going out of business but then said I was just kidding. Her breathing was still labored. As I’m getting my prints done I kindly mention that there is no signage out front and if they don’t want licensed carriers to come in their offices, they should post a sign. She was very nice but still wasn’t sure what to say. She asked what I was getting prints for and I told her a suppressor and she looked at me like I said I was buying a Sherman tank. I think she was new around there.

Anyway, the moral of the story is, if you are carrying a handgun don’t go into the SO even if they don’t have signs posted. It’s a small town and I’ve got enough friends at SO, PD and DPS to get out of it but I’d have had to cancel the order for the suppressor and spend the money on coffee donuts to repay the get-out-of-jail favor.

How’s your dog doing?

Comment

This is hilarious! I’m so glad you wear pants when you go into town.

Comment

I have one on our trust (my son bought it), and a good friend of mine has one on his precision rifle as well, so I have been around two of them quite a bit. Built very solid, good tone, very good suppression, great company. Kind of middle of the road as far as size/weight goes. If I were in the market for another direct thread can it would be the first one I looked at. Nothing but good things to say about the Sandman TI from me.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                              How’s your dog doing?
                              They say he'll recover. He's likely to be hard of hearing after this though.

This is hilarious! I’m so glad you wear pants when you go into town.
                              Ya it was a Monday. I always wear pants to town on Mondays. I'm getting a tactical underwear holster for Thursdays though.

Comment

Working...
                              X