RV Campgrounds for the family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just looking for a few suggestions on camp grounds to pull my travel trailer to around end of July or early August with the family. Will have a 4, 8, and 13 yr old with me. Full hookup preferred. Water park close by a plus. What do y'all recommend?

Jelly stone in burleson. Family environment. Lots of daily activities for the kids. Water park attached.

Comment

For those requirements I like sandpiper in Galveston or Jamaica beach and go to schlitterbahn in Galveston. We’ve done it and had a blast every time

Comment

We went to jelly stone in Tyler once it was the best for kids!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by tonyterry; 06-03-2018, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Splashway

Comment

Originally posted by mooney_ag View Post
            Jelly stone in burleson. Family environment. Lots of daily activities for the kids. Water park attached.
            Yea we do that one every year and already have reservations there for this year. I think we'll be there like 5 days in early July.

We try to go somewhere every other weekend in the summer. so starting to run out of places to try out.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
              For those requirements I like sandpiper in Galveston or Jamaica beach and go to schlitterbahn in Galveston. We’ve done it and had a blast every time
              this is definitely an option. Thanks!

Originally posted by RWB View Post
              Splashway
              Thanks. That's on the list.

Comment

What’s your preferred driving max?

Comment

X2 for splashway and Jamaica Beach RV resort. We went last weekend. beach access right across the street

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
                    X2 for splashway and Jamaica Beach RV resort. We went last weekend. beach access right across the street

Last time I was there the lazy river was due to open soon. How did it turn out?

They also have put put golf there and I preferred the drive on beach vs walk on at sandpipers.... but sandpipers location and pool was better in the event the gulf water is bad ( as it was when we went there, saved the trip as sea weed was 1’ deep everywhere that year)

Comment

Lazy river turned out great! They have several cabanas there now. And a large pavilion just outside the lazy river. They are almost done with a brand new splash pad for the kids. That place ranks pretty high on our list.

Comment

Splashway and maybe go try for a hog. I liv e 1 mile from there

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
                          Lazy river turned out great! They have several cabanas there now. And a large pavilion just outside the lazy river. They are almost done with a brand new splash pad for the kids. That place ranks pretty high on our list.

That’s great! Didn’t know about the splash pad. It’s high on our list as it was without the lazy river and splash pad.

Comment

Leisure resort in Fentress Texas off of Hwy 80 between San Marcos and Luling

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                              What’s your preferred driving max?
                              5 hrs from Austin

Comment

Working...
                              X