Fossilized tooth ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fossilized tooth ID

My daughter had been playing on the back of our property and came in the house. She heard a clicking on her shoe and looked to see this stuck in the sole of her shoe.
    Can anybody tell me what the tooth came from?
    Thanks!

Looks like a shark

Comment

Shark

Comment

Rattlesnake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep, shaped just like the shark teeth we used to find on summer vacations at my great grandparents' beach house in Florida when I was a youngster.

Comment

From the flood shark

Comment

Shark, You can look up the Name of the shark by looking up pics of fossilized shark teen on the net! Your shark tooth is a good specimen!

I would go look for some more, because if you find one shark tooth, then likely you will find a lot more in an area!

I picked up a lot of prehistoric shark teeth that had two large points coming off of one base. After looking it up, I discovered that the shark was actually a freshwater shark.

Comment

Originally posted by Flint knapper View Post
                Shark, You can look up the Name of the shark by looking up pics of fossilized shark teen on the net! Your shark tooth is a good specimen!

I would go look for some more, because if you find one shark tooth, then likely you will find a lot more in an area!

I picked up a lot of prehistoric shark teeth that had two large points coming off of one base. After looking it up, I discovered that the shark was actually a freshwater shark.
                Thanks for the info! I've been googling it but its been hard to find anything definite.

Comment

Pennywise I’d move to another home.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowslinger1 View Post
                    Pennywise I’d move to another home.

AHAHHA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That's a great find! That had to be a big surprise when she saw it in her shoe haha

Comment

Shark tooth for real. Go out and look where she's been walking and see if you can find some more. We used to find them in Grand Prairie and Arlington in the shale outcrops.

Comment

Shark

Comment

Shark

Comment

Great shape and good find- not sure on what type of shark but I think there is a website that helps with ID.

Comment

Working...
                              X