Future Knife Handle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Future Knife Handle

My buddy Charles Conner in Oklahoma sent me this Sanbar Stag horn. Charles is one of the best Scrimshaw Artist in the world, I'm blessed to have him for a good friend. I'm not sure what kind of blade I'll be putting on it. Most of the knives I've been making lately I'm holding back to put in the Lone Star Gun and Knife show in Ft. Worth March 10th. If I decide to do it, I've done enough shows in my life, back in the early 80's I did four a year.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image000000.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	25136382

That looks like a Damascus blade would be great!! Just make sure it’s big enough to be a pigsticker.

Comment

Originally posted by tazhunter0 View Post
      That looks like a Damascus blade would be great!! Just make sure it’s big enough to be a pigsticker.
      Oh it will be Damascus or Cable Damascus, I was really thinking about making a pig sticker; but not sure how well a $400.00 pig sticker is going sell.

My Damascus blades are the bomb, 416 layers made up with 3 different materials. 5160, 200 nickel and 15n20.
      Was thinking a Bowie for the knife show, but then again, Bowies don't sell that well either.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjankowski View Post
        Most of the knives I've been making lately I'm holding back to put in the Lone Star Gun and Knife show in Ft. Worth March 10th. If I decide to do it, I've done enough shows in my life, back in the early 80's I did four a year.
        How many knives do you usually take to a show?

Comment

Originally posted by SamHarper View Post
          How many knives do you usually take to a show?
          Sam I like to take 20 to a show. I don't have to scurry to have enough; I have quite a few in stock that I haven't tried to sell or listed on my website. I'm still not 100% sure I'm going. I want to specialize in cable Damascus, I'm traveling to Tulsa next Wednesday (baring icy roads) to pick up a crate of 2" cable that will keep me forging for a long time.
          There's a lot of guys that do file knives, some do strictly Alabama Damascus, others make Bowies or flint knives. I don't know of anyone that is doing all Cable Damascus!
          Sorry for the long response.

Comment

Bowies sell when they sell. I sold a $500 bowie at the Lone Star Knife Expo last year. Make an impressive piece, and it'll move when it moves. Either way, you got to make a cool knife

Comment

That would be an art piece. Dont think I could bring myself to use it.

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                That would be an art piece. Dont think I could bring myself to use it.
                I can sell it, I have other knives that Charles has done some scrimshaw for me that I wouldn't ever part with. I think he and I are going to collaborate on future projects on, we've been talking about it for years. I just hate to put him in that predicament since he's so busy with his full time customers, he does that full time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Fry View Post
                  Bowies sell when they sell. I sold a $500 bowie at the Lone Star Knife Expo last year. Make an impressive piece, and it'll move when it moves. Either way, you got to make a cool knife
                  I agree Jason, I've been leaning towards a Bowie, I love Bowies, that's what started me in knife making years ago. I sold three last year and they do bring in good profits. As most of you know I'm a Christian, I'll just leave it in God's hands, He's never lead me in the wrong direction.

Comment

Holy moly that's some beautiful work. It will surely be something special when it blossoms onto a blade of about any kind. No doubt it will make an extraordinary one off Bowie.

Comment

I've always been in awe of a good scrimshaw artist. I have no idea how they can do such fine detail.

Comment

That's going to make a beautiful piece whatever you decide to do. I love seeing the blades that you create. Your threads along with a couple of other guys on here have inspired me to learn how to make knives.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                          That's going to make a beautiful piece whatever you decide to do. I love seeing the blades that you create. Your threads along with a couple of other guys on here have inspired me to learn how to make knives.
                          Thanks; we all appreciate it.

I started working on it yesterday. I'm making a 7" Damascus Fighting Bowie, the guard I'm still working on trying to see what I want to do with it. I might have to have to forge some Damascus for the guard, that's what's going to make the knife pop.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjankowski View Post
                            Thanks; we all appreciate it.

I started working on it yesterday. I'm making a 7" Damascus Fighting Bowie, the guard I'm still working on trying to see what I want to do with it. I might have to have to forge some Damascus for the guard, that's what's going to make the knife pop.
                            I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Could you elaborate on “cable Damascus” blades? Never heard that phrase. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X