Same East Texas Buck or Different?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same East Texas Buck or Different?

A little story on this deer. I have been after this deer for 3 years now. In 2015, I seen this deer for the first time bow hunting a creek bottom in late Oct. He came in nose on the ground and was leaving as quick as he came in. I hit the can bleat and he turned and came right at me. He was 30 yrds but facing me head on and I wasn't going to take that shot. He turned and left never to be seen again that year in person or on camera. Last year he showed up in August and we had him on camera off and on till late January. Never seen him again all spring or summer. Even when the season started he was no where to be seen. I thought maybe something happened to him, after all we are hunting East Texas lol. Fast foward to this past Thursday at 12pm, the day before I arrived. I'm not 100% sure this is him but I'm 90%. As a matter of fact this is the same camera and location that we had our first pic of him at last year. I will be headed back Wed-Sun and this guy is my target. So what does the green screen family say? Same buck or different? Either way he is the target but I believe it's him. The first 3 pics are last year and then 5 days ago. Pay close attention to that right brow tine. I was so excited to see that pic!
    Attached Files

Looks like the same one in the last two pics for sure

Comment

looks the same for Me

Comment

Originally posted by mpotts View Post
        looks the same for Me
        This was my thoughts exactly. Wanted see what everyone else thinks. I don't see anything that tells me it's not the same deer.

Comment

12:01pm?

Looks like an all-day sit is in order.

Comment

Same

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw_6 View Post
              12:01pm?

Looks like an all-day sit is in order.
              Well it was actually 11:01am. Didn't roll camera time back an hour.

Comment

Dang nice buck, looks to be the same.

Comment

Looks like the same deer to me. Good luck.

Comment

looks the same, and at a feeder>>>>WOW

Comment

Originally posted by Wood Rat View Post
                      looks the same, and at a feeder>>>>WOW
                      Alot of doe's hit them feeders. I have never seen him under one. That last pic from this Thursday is at a stand that has been having 3 or 4 mature doe's hit it every day. Not to mention there is a huge white oak right above that feeder. So there is acorns and corn all mixed together lol.

Comment

Looks very likely to be the same buck. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Kurdawg View Post
                          Dang nice buck, looks to be the same.
                          I really hope this is the year and I hope it's this week!

Comment

I think it's the same one and dang nice!

Comment

Looks to be the same. I remember you telling me about him about not getting a shot when you saw him. Good luck getting him Mike. He is a good one for East TX

Comment

Working...
                              X