Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Again...if there are vehicles behind you, you must move to the right lane.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Easttxhunterr View Post
    there is still a posted speed limit that you have to obey
    That little detail seems to be overlooked by all the Jeff Gordon wanna bees

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      A "light truck" or "passenger vehicle" as defined by the DPS.
      Carrying capacity of 2000lbs or less.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
        Didn't know there was a time limit on passing people.

Where's your scenario of a driver driving way over the speed limit and running up on people trying to obey the law and pass people safely? I mean according to you there's only 2 scenarios where people get tailgated.
        Check your mirror before you pull into the left lane. If ones running up the left lane, let them go before you attempt to pass. That's step number 1 in "passing people safely"

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Horse View Post
          I'm curious...How long does it take you to pass another vehicle?

I'm trying to figure out how someone is tailgating you while you're passing another vehicle. Because in order for that to happen, either:

A) You have to be taking an unrealistic amount of time to pass, in order for another vehicle to "catch up" to you & be tailgating...

B) You jumped in front of another vehicle coming up in the left lane at a high rate of speed...

That’s easy! I’ve had it happen more times than I can count now that I practically live on I10 where the speed limit is 80.

If I am going, say 82 or 83, and I catch up to a semi going in the 70’s, I’m going to pass him, still doing 82-83. The guy doing 90 catches me while I’m passing the truck and runs right up on my ***** while I’m doing it. As soon as I get around the semi, I signal and move back to the right. He passes me and flips me off.

You tell me I was in the wrong, and I will tell you you are nuts!!

And btw, DPS and Sutton Cty make their living on I10 out here, so no, I’m not gonna speed up to 95 to get out of the nimrods way!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
            Didn't know there was a time limit on passing people.
            So you're the guy in the left lane doing a steady 66, while passing someone doing a steady 65....gotcha

people camp out in the passing lane thinking its the "fast lane" doing 85-90mph all the time.
            So the left lane is not the "fast lane" for passing?

Which is more illegal in Texas;
            Impeding traffic or speeding?
            Brake checking or tailgating?

Comment

Originally posted by SAC View Post
              Check your mirror before you pull into the left lane. If ones running up the left lane, let them go before you attempt to pass. That's step number 1 in "passing people safely"
              When you see someone in the right lane signal that they want to pass, Don't jump on the peddle with the mindset "not today buddy". When people realize we have to share the roads it will be a much better place. But I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                That’s easy! I’ve had it happen more times than I can count now that I practically live on I10 where the speed limit is 80.

If I am going, say 82 or 83, and I catch up to a semi going in the 70’s, I’m going to pass him, still doing 82-83. The guy doing 90 catches me while I’m passing the truck and runs right up on my ***** while I’m doing it. As soon as I get around the semi, I signal and move back to the right. He passes me and flips me off.

And btw, DPS and Sutton Cty make their living on I10 out here, so no, I’m not gonna speed up to 95 to get out of the nimrods way!

Bisch

Yep. This is the exact thing that happens all the time

Comment

Traffic going through the city is totally different than 80 mile-an-hour tailgating well maybe not but just at a high rate of speed

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post

Bisch

Soooo....a guy going 7mph faster than you, can catch up to you quicker than you can pass a vehicle going 13mph SLOWER than you? Huh?

Sutton County....ohhhh we agree on that one!

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Horse View Post
                      So you're the guy in the left lane doing a steady 66, while passing someone doing a steady 65....gotcha

So the left lane is not the "fast lane" for passing?

Which is more illegal in Texas;
                      Impeding traffic or speeding?
                      Brake checking or tailgating?
                      What the He'll kind of question is that? More illegal?!?! And no the lane is meant for passing only. Not for you to get in it and speed and think you own the dang rds.

Comment

We ALL need to learn some respect. Myself included but as we all know, it is earned.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                          I consistently see wrong by both, the ones who ride the left lane and those who tailgate, almost hit you when changing lanes. Seems like we have both in this thread. I am by no means a perfect driver, but some of yall need to realize that riding someones bumper and being all aggressive is often counterproductive. When you display aggression, yes, some will give in, but others respond with aggression. That is bad.

As a side note, being in a vehicle, for some, is kinda like the internet. Some get all emboldened and feel like a tough guy because they are in their little "safe" space. Think about what you would do in person when faced with the same scenario. Would you really try to intimidate and bully that 87 y/o grandma? Or that 6' 4" construction worker? Or are you just a bada-- in your big truck?

Well thought out and articulated. Bingo.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
                            Left lane campers definitely are a problem in TX. What's funny is drive like that in some other countries and you will get run right off the road.

I despise I-10 due to so many inconsiderate idiots. Tailgating is not good road etiquette either and does nothing to help the situation. However, if you feel that your are frequently being tailgated, you probably should think about your own driving.

Oh and I'm not a speed demon. Actually, I just assume let the crazy idiots pass me and get the ticket down the road.
                            This right here, I can't remember the last time I've been tailgated, and I'm not a speed demon either, I was just taught the right way to drive. It's really not hard, drive with courtesy, not emotions, and get out of the dang way if you're holding someone up.

Comment

When you see someone in the right lane signal that they want to pass, Don't jump on the peddle with the mindset "not today buddy". When people realize we have to share the roads it will be a much better place. But I don't see that happening anytime soon.
                              What I'm saying is before you ever put your blinker on, calculate whether you can make the pass or not, before tailgater runs up on you.

I've been guilty of a lot of road rage/"not today Buddy"/brake checking/screw you incidents. It took 4 years of driving I-10E to, in and around Houston and back home to realize the destination will still be there even if I'm 30 minutes late. A fella really has to go out of his way to be courteous/considerate on the roads today. But it will make the drive less stressful.

Comment

Originally posted by SAC View Post
                                What I'm saying is before you ever put your blinker on, calculate whether you can make the pass or not, before tailgater runs up on you.

I've been guilty of a lot of road rage/"not today Buddy"/brake checking/screw you incidents. It took 4 years of driving I-10E to, in and around Houston and back home to realize the destination will still be there even if I'm 30 minutes late. A fella really has to go out of his way to be courteous/considerate on the roads today. But it will make the drive less stressful.
                                ive had folks just riding there and as soon as you merger to pass, they come up on you like you did something wrong. I think if the lane was used as it is intended, your way would work.

Comment

Working...
                                X