No announcement yet.

Text vs Call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally, I've never like talking on the phone, even before there were cell phones. I text about 90% of my conversations.

Comment

Prefer texting. Will talk with no problems either....especially vs large texts or detailed texts. I just prefer texting because it enables you to multitask and have records of what you said or received to go back on. Plus I can stop in the middle of a text and take it back up 15-30 minutes later and never miss a beat as opposed to spending an extra 10-15 minutes on a phone him-hawing or calling somebody back. One more thing... I can send somebody a reminder, question, answer, howdy etc.... or vice versa and its there if we are available or not. With a call you get a no answer or the dreaded voicemail. I didn't care for it in 2006-2007 when I was first introduced to it, but adapted and now I'm glad to have the option.

Comment

It just depends. For work stuff I prefer text because I can go back and see what was discussed and I don’t have to try and keep a conversation going with a customer than I’ve ever met. If it’s family or close friends though I’d rather talk on the phone.

Comment

Texting I hate talking on the phone !

Comment

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post
            Here is what I can't stand.... Since I feel like crap this morning I'm going to complain.

My wife will send 1,342 text that could be sent into one or two. This way, my phone buzzes 1,342 in a row and I think someone is dead/dying.

Honey - send
            When you get home - send
            Please start the oven - send
            Can't remember if 350-or 375 - send
            I think its 375 - send
            Oh, the frozen veggies - send
            pull those out too - send
            If you have time - send
            See if Zander has homework - send
            ok, love you - send
            Honey - send
            Did you get these - send
            Let me know? - send

I think women learn that in a class somewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Buckley99 View Post
              Communicating should be taught in the same manner as learning how to shake a woman’s hand. My mom taught me, when I was young, that when shaking a woman’s hand you should match the woman’s pressure. When I explain communication to young people, I encourage them to communicate how others like to communicate.

If they want a phone call, call them. If they prefer meeting in person, schedule a lunch. If they text, then you text. When it comes to the young people on my team, I encourage them to be flexible and effective in how they communicate.
              This!

Comment

Working...
              X