I screwed up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I screwed up

I was drifting out my old rear sight and putting in a new rear sight on my Uberti 1873 and somehow rotated the barrel on the action and now it’s misaligned with the receiver. Now the action won’t close. Im so upset I’m sick.

Details man, we need more details. I bet it’s something simple; every Uberti ive messed with seemed super tight.

How far out of battery is it? I highly doubt the barrel got turned while installing sights.
    Last edited by TacticalCowboy; 05-25-2018, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Oh it turned. Only about 1/16th but enough. I’ll take a picture and post it. I first noticed it because the rear sight was tilted.

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
        Oh it turned. Only about 1/16th but enough. I’ll take a picture and post it. I first noticed it because the rear sight was tilted.
        Have uberti warranty it.

No reason installing a sight should cause a firearm to malfunction.

Comment

I have a match in the morning. Glad I have a backup rifle. I just got this gun back from the gunsmith. I had the action slicked up and short stroke kit put in. This just makes me sick.
          Attached Files

Comment

Big vice mounted to sturdy tabletop, delron spacers to reduce scratches, pipe wrench or crescent wrench of correct length, and you are set.

Seriously, good luck at the match with backup. I absolutely agree with TacticalCowboy!

But just wondering.............how big a boy are you? Because you put some torque on that barrel! We may be kinfolk since that looks just like something I would do!!!
            Last edited by Tejas Wildlife; 05-26-2018, 12:23 AM.

Comment

I would think that is a simple fIx

Barrel is threaded into receiver, is it not?

Rotate it back or take to a gunsmith

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                I would think that is a simple fIx

Barrel is threaded into receiver, is it not?

Rotate it back or take to a gunsmith
                Yes it’s threaded but I’m not sure if it has any kind of set screw. I’ve done enough damage to it it’s going to a smith.

Comment

Hopefully a cheap and simple fix

Comment

Shouldn't be a set screw but it looks like the barrel was tightened in the receiver? The 'smith should be able to determine if it is normal to be able to turn it that much after it was indexed.

Comment

I’ve been looking for one of these. Post a full pic!!

Comment

Working...
                      X