No announcement yet.

AR 15 36 yard zero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For hunting purposes I have always used 1 1/2" high at 100 yards. Works for all the shots that I might take.

Comment

The 36yd zero is great for what it is....battlesight zero. You have to think in terms of what the intended target is. With the 36yd zero and ball ammo your vertical dispersion out to 300 yds is going to be about 6". That's perfect for shooting at people......coyotes, not so much.

Comment

Well explained with bullet impacts. Travis Haley goes over 100 yd, 25/200, 36/300 and others.

Comment

Use the Maximum Point Blank Range calculator. You tell it how fast your bullet it moving and how big your target is, and it spits out a zero distance that will give you the maximum range at which you can simply hold dead-on and hit your target.

Calculates the maximum point blank range of a firearm cartridge fired from a rifle or handgun.

Comment

Originally posted by howzitbra View Post
            Just curious how many still use the 36 yard zero for your ARs? (223) Seems like a pretty good concept.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            It can be very effective especially if you are aware f the trajectory of the specific load you are shooting. I have played with that concept with my AR and bolt 223. I found which factory load within my budget shot accurately in each rifle. Then I looked at ballistics charts in like Nikon spot on or an app on my phone to see which zero distance would result in the tightest bullet path in total inches up and down within the distance I was interesting in shooting the rifle. From there I chronoed and checked the trajectories on the range at multiple distances and modified my zero distance. Ex in the 223 bolt gun a 50 zero using hornady 75 BTHPs steel match out to 250 yds. The 36 yard zero is pretty stinking effective though in many loads. Just get out and ground/range check your data.

Comment

This is one video I got a lot out of.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
              X