Is this a good buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a good buy?

Remington 700 (or 7, I’ll have to go back and look), $650 for the gun and Leupold VXII, if I’m reading the marking correct (XY), it’s from 1975 and I’d say it’s a 8/10, 7/10 at worst. It has a couple of marks on the stock but no gouges. Caliber is .243, no pics other than the one of the barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just bought a 700 adl 1972 model with Redfield widefield 3x9 22.250 for 500$ I thought it was a fair price I’d offer them 500 but that’s just me

Comment

Originally posted by Dkincaid View Post
      I just bought a 700 adl 1972 model with Redfield widefield 3x9 22.250 for 500$ I thought it was a fair price I’d offer them 500 but that’s just me

Thanks. The barrel looked clean, I was impressed with the shape it was in for being 43 years old.

Comment

Model 7 wasn't even thought of in 75. I think a little high but 243 is harder to find in the early rifles.

Comment

Get the serial number and call Remington they will be happy to tell you all about this 700.
          Without seeing it better with the VX II $575 would be top dollar.
          Is that Leupold a Vari-X II, Vari-X IIc or a newer VX II? 3-9x40?
          I just sent all 3 of my Vari-X IIc to Leupold. 2 got replaced with $400 VX IIIi. So there is a possible $400 scope sitting on that 700?
          is it a BDL or ADL?

Comment

Originally posted by texaspacker View Post
            Get the serial number and call Remington they will be happy to tell you all about this 700.
            Without seeing it better with the VX II $575 would be top dollar.
            Is that Leupold a Vari-X II, Vari-X IIc or a newer VX II? 3-9x40?
            I just sent all 3 of my Vari-X IIc to Leupold. 2 got replaced with $400 VX IIIi. So there is a possible $400 scope sitting on that 700?
            is it a BDL or ADL?
            It’s an ADL for sure. I’ll swing by there again today and check it out better.

Comment

lil high IMO

Comment

If its a 7, then it might be worth it, 700 adl, I'd think is a little high

pray for rain

Comment

Working...
                X