Stihl starting procedure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justindiehl7 View Post
    You engage the chain stop so you don’t cut your leg off after you click it once up. It is just like a high idle in a diesel truck to get fuel flowing and to get the saw ready to run. Most if not all products now have the rev/high idle sequence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lol,Yep. I know the intent, and it's good I guess...if you need it. Sure is hell on the clutch tho. Our shop guy sure hates it!lol I can see maybe gettin someone else's leg if they neek up behind/beside me when I'm crankin' it but the bar doesn't get close to my own...that's on them! I just crank it and get it back to an idle then engage it before it get on the ladder.

Comment

I've got an cheapo MS180 because I don't do a lot of heavy work around where I hunt. It does fine to fell a few smaller trees here and there or cut up a downed one.

It follows the same starting sequence described in here.

I will say since I don't use it frequently enough, I always run it till it is dry... and by dry, it dies and I try to start it over a few times. The reason is because ethanol in the gas, especially in metro areas are high and just gum up everything, especially on these smaller saws. There is plenty of oil in there to keep em lubricated.

I did notice that buc-ees in Katy is selling ethanol free gas, so now I have a place to get a gallon or two, and with stabil, it should last a year or so and I might not worry about it as much.

Comment

Or people that ask questions about starting a chainsaw[emoji57]

You should have seen me before I got the lotion off my hands. Man I was having a rough time. Almost had to get my boyfriend to try

Comment

Originally posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
          41 posts about starting a chainsaw...gotta love it.

People made fun of my post about crypto.

Come on man. Smart and fnd showed up. We had some jokes. A smart ***. A drunk guy. It's a party

Comment

Originally posted by Smokeater View Post
            Lol,Yep. I know the intent, and it's good I guess...if you need it. Sure is hell on the clutch tho. Our shop guy sure hates it!lol I can see maybe gettin someone else's leg if they neek up behind/beside me when I'm crankin' it but the bar doesn't get close to my own...that's on them! I just crank it and get it back to an idle then engage it before it get on the ladder.

Only on the tallest ladder in the shop.... saw in one hand while a beer in the other lmao!

Comment

Originally posted by TexMax View Post
              You should have seen me before I got the lotion off my hands. Man I was having a rough time. Almost had to get my boyfriend to try

Hahaha well played[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] time to invent special lotion away wipes for starting your equipment and holding your tackle box!

Comment

Since this thread is gonna go on and on, even after the question is answered, I'll throw my two cents in. I bought a Husky and don't have to go through all that chit.

Comment

Only on the tallest ladder in the shop.... saw in one hand while a beer in the other lmao!

Lol! Hale to the yeah! (if I could get em to let us have a couple at work like in the good ol days!)
                  I use a beer holster here at home tho!

Comment

Aight. To settle this and make me feel better. It'll start off choke in the normal run position now. Idk if it needed a couple hours break in or what but it honestly wouldn't do **** without running through a cold start procedure. I'm not a complete dumb *** I guess. At least not for this specific reason.

Comment

Originally posted by TexMax View Post
                      Aight. To settle this and make me feel better. It'll start off choke in the normal run position now. Idk if it needed a couple hours break in or what but it honestly wouldn't do **** without running through a cold start procedure. I'm not a complete dumb *** I guess. At least not for this specific reason.

You must’ve finally got the lotion off your hands[emoji23][emoji6]

Comment

You must’ve finally got the lotion off your hands[emoji23][emoji6]

I guess it got replaced by that cedar sap and I could finally get my delicate hands on the thing.

Comment

Stihl starting procedure

Lotion is for your pole saw....definitely don't use sap. It hurts

That's what I heard at least

Comment

When you got a stump saw it don't make too much of a difference.

Comment

Stihl starting procedure

Then grind away! [emoji12]

Comment

Working...
                              X