X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visitor number one finally walked in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got a little wild at dark. Had two bucks come in and chased does all around me. Right at very last light, had a deer slipping in that I sure thought was gonna be "the one" but turned out to just be another small buck. They had me pinned down in my stand till almost 7:40.
      Be back at em tomorrow!

Comment

Bigger of the bucks

Comment

Nice. Good hunting in the am.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Well, sitting in the rain this morning and it's gotten colder since I've been here. Seen 4 does an 2 bucks so far. Forcast calling for rain till noon, but cold an cloudy ally day. Going to try and sit most of the day. May run in to town for lunch and to thaw out in a bit! My fingers are numb!!

Comment

He warmed me up a bit. Just too young.

Comment

Thick bodied joker.

Comment

Good luck!! Next few days should be on fire.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                    Thick bodied joker.

Yea, some of the deer on this particular place get some pretty hefty looking bodies on them, but stall out in the rack department for some reason. I've got a couple that are giant bodied deer, but little headgear and have been that way for multiple years.

This guy has been the same the last 4 years. He shows up in November and leaves early December. He's actually lost a touch this year.

Comment

Seems that way on our ranch. We will be pushing minerals and protein in the coming years to try to remedy that. However a mature buck is a trophy regardless of the score.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                        Seems that way on our ranch. We will be pushing minerals and protein in the coming years to try to remedy that. However a mature buck is a trophy regardless of the score.

Very true, just hard to drop the hammer and burn a tag when these area in the area too! [emoji16]

Comment

True. That kind of thing has caused me to come home with tag soup on a few trips.

Comment

Ok let me come shoot the ones you do not want to shoot. It has been hard hunting this year. Go get one of those big ones though. Good luck.

Comment

Just had a shooter roll in a bit ago following a doe. Closest they got was about 30 yards. First time I'd seen hide nor hair of that buck all year. Kinda disappointed me a bit as he didn't do anything but put on weight! Had my wife had on him a couple times last year but she never could get a clear shot.

Comment

Awesome! Older boys are on their feet. Heading to Oklahoma tomorrow for some all day sits. Good Luck this evening, should only get better from here on out!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X