Trad Archers in Tyler, Longview area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trad Archers in Tyler, Longview area?

I will be spending lots of time in the Tyler/Longview area after the first of the year and plan to move to that general area sometime after the end of this school year. I will be looking for a good club to join or at least a good place to shoot in that area. Any suggestions? I’ve been a stickbow shooter for a long time and would like to meet some like-minded folks in the area to share some shooting time and swap a few lies—I mean stories😜

I know there is a club in Tyler (I believe it is called Tyler Archery Club) because I have seen shoots advertised there. I believe TBoT has a shoot there every year also. I know there are folks up there who shoot trad. I bet if you find the club you will be able to find the local trad guys and gals!

There is also a club in Paris. They are hosting the first TBoT shoot of 2018 in Jan. You can look at the TBoT website to find details on that.

Good Luck!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Thank you sir!

Comment

The local club is Tyler Archery Club, their first shoot of the year is January 13 at 10:00. If you join the club you can shoot the first shoot for free. The facilities are nice and open to members all the time(you will get the combination for the lock if you join) and are on the East side of town near the Oil Palace. Dues are $50 for individual $75 for family, $25 military or student. PM me if you are still interested and I will text or email you the club application form if you would like.

Jason

Comment

Thank you Jason. I don’t think I’ll be able to make the first shoot this year but surely want to get involved with them when time permits.

Comment

I live just west of Tyler. Another good place to shoot is On Target Archery in Canton. They have a nice shop and will start their 3D season in February. They also have the Texhno hunt you can shoot any day for a few dollars a round.

Comment

I cannot get up there soon enough fellers! Ill start working up there around the end of January and plan to keep my bow and arrows with me so that I can fling a few whenever the opportunity arises. Thank you for the information!!

Comment

Se also have a few 3d shoots n carthage n nac as well

Comment

Originally posted by CEpperson View Post
                  I live just west of Tyler. Another good place to shoot is On Target Archery in Canton. They have a nice shop and will start their 3D season in February. They also have the Texhno hunt you can shoot any day for a few dollars a round.
                  Don't want to highjack the thread but do you think the guys at on target archery are pretty knowledgeable about traditional bows and arrow setups?

Comment

Originally posted by Etxnoodler View Post
                    Don't want to highjack the thread but do you think the guys at on target archery are pretty knowledgeable about traditional bows and arrow setups?
                    They have always been ok to deal with, they are not a traditional bow shop but a few of them do shoot trad bows. They can help you get headed in the right direction for sure.
                    If they don't get you lined out I'm sure we can help you out here if you are having trouble.

Clay

Comment

I'm close to Tyler I can help you out some if needed and would love to shoot !

Comment

Thanks Bud Ellis! I certainly look forward to meeting y'all and spending some quality time flinging sticks!!

Comment

Working...
                        X