No announcement yet.

Your best margarita recipe........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know you guys make your own blend, but if you want hassle free rita the Jose Cuervo premix margarita is not bad.

Leggy,

You drank that at my house one night.

Comment

Hey man, I am perfectly in touch with my fem side.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
        I know you guys make your own blend, but if you want hassle free rita the Jose Cuervo premix margarita is not bad.
        I've drank many a bottle of that stuff. You're right, it's easy and still beats the margaritas they serve up at most Mexican restaurants. Speaking of restaurant margaritas, I would love to have the on the rocks margarita recipe they use at L. Trevino's in Rockwall. I have yet to have a better margarita. I've asked for the recipe many times, but they will not talk.

Comment

The margaritas are made. Tammy and I are enjoying them. Anyone want to come and have one one this rainy day.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakelover View Post
            6 oz can Minute Maid Frozen Limeade
            (then use limeade can for measuring)
            6 oz can Sprite
            18 oz (3 cans) water
            6 oz can tequila
            3 oz (half can) Cointreau
            That is a good 'un...

Comment

Was about to crack open a tsingtao (favorite Kill Bill brew)

but now you have done it, I have a full blown urge to go score some Patron.

Loves me some corralejo, porfidio, cazadores and chinaco but I always circle back to Patron... just seems to be the one that consistently gets me where I want to be both for taste and vibe.

Mmmmm corralejo.... so hard to narrow it down

Last edited by Legdog; 05-16-2009, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Frozen recipe - made in blender (if you can take one on trip) Fast and easy

6 oz can Frozen Limeade
                (can for measuring)
                1 full can gold tequila
                1/3 can Cointreau
                1/3 can Grand Marnier
                Fill blender with ice and run till smooth, not icy

Also for all those that go to Mexico, load up on bottles of CONTROY on your return as it is as good as Cointreau, but runs $6 to $7 per bottle.

Comment

The wife and I are drinking Jose Cuervo Golden tonight. I just put some ice in a shaker tin with some Golden and shake hard for 30 seconds and pour. Good stuff.

Comment

3 oz of Jose Cuervo margarita mix
                    2 oz of Agavero Tequila (my personal favorite and straight out of the freezer)
                    1 oz Navan...House of Grand Marnier
                    and a splash of lime.

On the rocks with salt.

Comment

Just drink the Tequila straight, no need for no stinking mix!!

Comment

Just drink the Tequila straight, no need for no stinking mix!!
                        Maybe 20 years and 3 kids ago.

Comment

Reading this thread and started craving a rita.....used the last bit of mix and tequila in the house, but put together something to curb the cravings....

Good thread.....

Comment

Originally posted by JAFO View Post
                            Reading this thread and started craving a rita.....used the last bit of mix and tequila in the house, but put together something to curb the cravings....

Good thread.....

Same here.....went the Cuervo route Heath suggested due to time but plan on trying some of the more involved ones above.

Comment

Partial to Don Julio.... Found out that Patron is owned by Paul Mitchell (the hair care company). Fixing to make one.. I will definately try the Freshies mix next time...

Comment

Just hand me the "Te kill ya"

Comment

Working...
                                X