Looking for recurve 30#

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for recurve 30#

I am looking for a cheap recurve at 25-30# for a bow fishing bow. needs to have the ability to mount a retriever reel. Let me know if anyone has anything laying around they want to move. Left or Rt handed.

I think you'll find that poundage low for bow fishing. My experience is you will end up with a lot of scales on the tips of the arrow but no fish.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
      I think you'll find that poundage low for bow fishing. My experience is you will end up with a lot of scales on the tips of the arrow but no fish.

Gary
      X2......40 to 50 is a much better choice if you can pull it imo.

Comment

But that's just my opinion......going to be plenty of fish you get penetration on with 25lb to 30lb, but it will be that big one that pulls off that you will be cussin yourself over!lol

Comment

How much are you looking to spend?

Richard.

Comment

70 or so I can buy a new one for 120. The guide we fished with shot 30# bows with no issues. Just shooting carp and small gar.

Comment

I've seen large buffalo and gar scales stop an arrow on light bow. Not always but I would go 40lbs minimum. But I haven't bow fished in years and only did it for 15 years or so before I gave it up. Got where I like to sleep when it's dark

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post

Gary
                Originally posted by killerbee View Post
                X2......40 to 50 is a much better choice if you can pull it imo.
                Guys, that's all the poundage he can handle!!!

Bisch

Comment

Then hunt with it. An arrow turned by a scale is a fish that lives to swim another day.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                    Guys, that's all the poundage he can handle!!!

Bisch
                    Haha you can't pull my regular bow so I would not not talk about girly bows if I were you. 😜😜😜😜😜😜

Comment

Guys these are for my sons one can only pull 30 so I want them to have fun and be able to shoot fish. If we bounce one or two that's ok.

Comment

Originally posted by gtsticker View Post
                        Haha you can't pull my regular bow so I would not not talk about girly bows if I were you. [emoji12][emoji12][emoji12][emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]

Due to my vast experience with them, I am an authority on girly bows!!! [emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by gtsticker View Post
                          Guys these are for my sons one can only pull 30 so I want them to have fun and be able to shoot fish. If we bounce one or two that's ok.
                          I would buy a used Genesis bow. More energy in that 20lbs than a light recurve, but with all the benefits of a variable draw, etc.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                            I would buy a used Genesis bow. More energy in that 20lbs than a light recurve, but with all the benefits of a variable draw, etc.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
                            Good idea

Comment

I just happen to have a Genesis that needs to find a new home.

Comment

Working...
                              X