Non-traditional target recurves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non-traditional target recurves

I found a good price on a new Hoyt Game Master 2 at 35 lbs and decided to get it. Since this will be a target/competition bow only, I don't mind decking it out a bit. I was thinking of adding a stabilizer, but I'm not sure how long I should go or what brand. The SYWAT guy this weekend said you can do up to 12 inches for their tournaments. Local 3D tournaments I don't believe care as long as there are no sights.

Without being able to test out different lengths, how do you choose a competition stabilizer? Would 12" be about right?

What else can be added but still considered traditional for competitions? I have my Bear Super Kodiak for when I want to go truly trad.

Todd

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Some shoots will have rules against stabilizers, and some will not.

Bisch

Comment

IMO a stabilizer is the ultimate non trad add-on. I love a stabilizer on a bow, my son has an Excel with a stabilizer that I can shoot very well. As far as the length 12" is fine.

A good clicker also gives a distinct advantage shooting any bow. The clickers are a little hard to get used to in the beginning but ensure the same draw every time.

One more thing, you can practice with a sight to know that you are capable of repeating a shot. A sight is a great confidence builder, a sight will also be a tell tell indicator that one is over bowed.

I am thinking of getting an ILF bow, likely an Excel. I have found that I love shooting my son's bow. I am not sure if it is the light weight or the bow, lol.
      Last edited by caughtandhobble; 01-25-2017, 05:27 AM.

Comment

TFAA and ASA allow stabilizers and IBO RU class.

Comment

B-stinger 10'' is worth the money, is actually stabilizes the bow and dampens a little twang, I have a 6'' B-stinger on my Trad tech titan 17''riser for hunting, in my Olympic/target days I would run a 10'' fivics stab, priced well and performs well

Comment

Thanks guys! The bow arrived today, so I hope to get out and try it tomorrow.

Todd

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X