HELP! Need to get rid of Skunk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Need to get rid of Skunk

How do I get rid of a skunk that appairently is living under our rent house?? Some areas of the house the smell is overpowering.

I have a game camera setup in an area that the smell is very strong outside.

Is there something I can put out or spray or what? I live in the City Limits for shooting would be risky and that is if I ever see it.

Help please!!

dp

Insect bombs set of under house, then. ...... stomp on it.

Comment

Live trap it and relocate. (sss )

Comment

Ortho Animal B Gone spray.

Comment

I just had this problem. I trapped it, used canned dog food for bait. Then when I got it, I put a pellet between its eyes. They smell worse while dying , then they do alive. But my dog hasent gotten sprayed since

Comment

mothballs!! good for lot of stuff to go way

Comment

I have located 2 traps. Will see what I can find in the way for sprays tomorrow and mothballs as well...

dp

Comment

whoa!

Originally posted by waterdog View Post
                I put a bunch out years ago,under a deer lease trailer to keep skunks away,and I had skunk smell and moth ball smell!!! I gave the trailer away,no lie.

Comment

Live trap with tuna fish can or cat food. Cover trap with towel and drop in water.

Comment

I tried mothballs, it didn't work. Only made my whole back yard smell like mothballs

Comment

old school here! try the mothballs! you will not have to trap. skunks snakes rats will run away! and a box of mothballs is $$$$ cheep!

Comment

x2

Originally posted by waterdog View Post
                        Used to use mothballs a lot at my old ranch...keeps snakes away too. Just don't put any around your AC, the fumes will be in the house!

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                          Live trap with tuna fish can or cat food. Cover trap with towel and drop in water.
                          This ^^^^^.

Comment

dang we had lot of luck with mouthballs in the past? sorry let me know whats works now?

Comment

I caught 7 from under my pier and beam house.
                              Live trap with a piece of bread with peanut butter on it. Tie a 30 ft rope to trap. After catching said skunk drag away from house shot with shot gun wait a day till smell goes away. Empty cage and repeat.
                              Then lay chicken wire on ground right next to house and let grass grow thru it. They will start digging right by the house and work away from it. After they get 10 to 12 inches away from the house they will go some where else

Comment

Working...
                              X