No announcement yet.

Matthews CROSSBOW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dont want to shoot a crossbow but i would like to see my dad start shooting some type of archery. he would do good with a crossbow since it would have a scope. i bet they will sell pretty good

Comment

I have been one to hate even the thought of a crossbow - then I hit 40. Stuff started going south at 40. I plan to shoot a compound as long as I can do it and be a realistic shot. People don't understand that it's not just your shoulder that fails, but simple things like fingers, and wrists, and elbows, and things that help you to hold still - oh, and eyes.

When I don't feel that I can be fair to the deer any longer I'll get me a crossbow. Might as well be a good one.

Comment

This will be interesting. Going to be real hard to beat the real simple design of a Excalibur.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
          This will be interesting. Going to be real hard to beat the real simple design of a Excalibur.
          That don't have to beat anyone because they will sell just because of the name and advertising but I'm sure they will make a very nice crossbow.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post

When I don't feel that I can be fair to the deer any longer I'll get me a crossbow. Might as well be a good one.
            ain't nothing wrong with that, sounds like a very ethical decission to me

Comment

Originally posted by segbert View Post
              I don't see any thing wrong with it. I think it's a smart move on their part, just reaching out to a new market
              Because they are loosing their following in the OTHER market.

Comment

Originally posted by Booger74 View Post
                Because they are loosing their following in the OTHER market.
                Roflmao!!!!!

Comment

I love my Barnett Ghost 400 and I always shot Mathews when I hunted with a compound bow so I'm excited. The more hunters we have the better off we all our. This has made archery more popular. Mathews is just making a smart business decision. The crossbow market is booming so why not get in on it.

Comment

This is like when I heard Copenhagen was making long cut, then winter green....

Comment

It doesn't matter to me the other companys are making them. I won't be shooting one unless I'm injured or live to be old enough to not pull my bows!

Comment

Originally posted by ShaBow View Post
                        It doesn't matter to me the other companys are making them. I won't be shooting one unless I'm injured or live to be old enough to not pull my bows!
                        Ten! Fo!!! Witcha!

I do like how they put that flange on the fore grip. I dont think enough is said about keeping fingers and thumbs away from the rail. I always here folks talk about getting their kids an xbow and thats the first thought that pops in my head. Atleast they have somewhat of a better block to help prevent it.

Comment

Sullivan's Outfitters got one in yesterday, Mathews put the same great innovation in this cross bow as always! They took the tactical look (ar style) and applied it to the cross bow, smallest limbs than I have seen adjustable but stock (awesome looking). As I would agree with most of you about cross bows we still have to keep in mind that there is a market out there. I think Mathews hit a home run with the mission cross bow!!

Comment

Originally posted by nock1 View Post
                            I'm not too thrilled about it just because im not into them, but i know alot of you are. Our rep. cam in thursday telling us they"re in the process of completeing and marketing their first crossbow. I dont think i'll be able to keep em on the shelves. We'll see. I hope archery doesnt lose its roots. Whatcha'll think?
                            The roots of archery is a self bow and wood arrows with some sort of rock arrowhead. Cross bows will not hurt the sport they have been part of archery way longer than compound bow has.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB 1 View Post
                              The roots of archery is a self bow and wood arrows with some sort of rock arrowhead. Cross bows will not hurt the sport they have been part of archery way longer than compound bow has.
                              I don't personally know anyone who switched from a bow to a crossbow simply because they legalized them during archery season.The only real change I've seen is people got their kids that weren't old enough to pull enough weight yet with a bow in the woods hunting during bow season.The others already were shooting crossbows due to shoulder injuries.(Dr.'s excuse paperwork)

Comment

I've been thinking about getting one just to have something different... Love my tribute though..

Comment

Working...
                                X