Cedar Creek lake area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cedar Creek lake area

Hi guys. I'm new to the Cedar Creek lake area and Texas, recently transplanted from Ohio. Looking for some place near to stump/target shoot and maybe hunt some hogs. Any clubs or trad shooters in this area?

I'm in galveston I don't know exactly where you are.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

Comment

Looked it up your about 200 miles away

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

Comment

If youre interested in public land hunting, Lake Tawakani isn't too far from you. Public land permit will get you access. I hear the deer hunting is tough, but there should be some hogs there. No target shooting allowed, and that means bows too unfortunately. You cannot release an arrow unless it is at a target animal per g.w. at caddo grasslands that politely corrected me. (I assume since tpwd has control there the interpretation of the rules is the same). Also nearby are big lake bottom wma, Gus Engling, and Richland creek. You can look up details on each and what game is allowed by seatching "texas annual public hunt permit". Dont know anything about trad clubs in the area, but I'm sure you can find one.

Comment

Thanks for the response. Should have pin pointed my location better. Approx. 90 miles southeast of Dallas and 50 miles west of Tyler.

Comment

There is a good bowshop in Canton that does weekly 3D shoots starting in January I believe. Look up On Target Archery, good folks and they also have a techno hunt screen that is lots of fun.

Comment

Look up Old Sabine Bottom WMA.

Comment

I appreciate the leads, thanks guys.

Comment

Look at the TBOT SITE. your about an hour east of me..welcome to TEXAS

Comment

Welcome to Texas Richard. Keep your nose to the ground and you will soon pick up on some local trad clubs and shoots. I don't mind driving a bit so I try to attend some 3D shoots after hunting season is over. I live north of Dallas and drive over west of Ft. Worth for some of their shoots. Cowtown bowmen is their club. They have a couple of trad shoots a year and always have a trad division at their compound shoots. Really a good group of guys over there.

Comment

On Target Archery in Canton. Indoor shooting to 30 , indoor 3d shooting gizmo. They will start having outdoor shoots sometime here in the Spring on weekends. Great selection of everything and service to match.
                      Welcome!

Comment

Are you near 7 points?

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Munson View Post
                          Are you near 7 points?
                          Yes, I live at Pinnacle Club, outside of Payne Springs.

Comment

Put the bow down and pick up a crappie rod!!![emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                              Put the bow down and pick up a crappie rod!!![emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              I hear you! Been out in my bass buggy a few times with spotty luck. Still trying to learn the lake.

Comment

Working...
                              X