• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ghostgoblin22 View Post
    plus have you ever heard of second chances
    Not when it comes to rape

Comment

did you go to baylor?
      Nope...But I'm also not sticking up for that POS.

Comment

Did you know that Burt Reynolds died?

Comment

rape enabler is painting a picture with a broad brush...plus have you ever heard of second chances
          With rape and SA? Hell no!

Look, we all understand you are a little emotional and probably too close to the story via your uncle.

The fact that the school hired him without crazy backlash amazes me. Just goes to show the community was tired of having a crappy team and turned the program over to someone who will win at any cost...

Comment

Comment

Did he grow out his facial hair to go with the allegations?

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
                Having over 50 players accused/involved in some form of sexual assault is not a broad brush.

The 50 thing always cracks me up. That is something that a Plaintiff's attorney put in their initial pleading. It has never ever ever been proven to be true, what so ever. In fact, that pleading was thrown out by the judge. Did you know that under Briles only 2 players have EVER been convicted of ANYTHING sexual assault related? One of those two had his charges overturned. So, that brings the grand total to ONE player convicted. Not 50. What someone "accuses" in a civil lawsuit is entirely different than actual criminal evidence/charges/convictions,etc.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy D View Post
                      The 50 thing always cracks me up. That is something that a Plaintiff's attorney put in their initial pleading. It has never ever ever been proven to be true, what so ever. In fact, that pleading was thrown out by the judge. Did you know that under Briles only 2 players have EVER been convicted of ANYTHING sexual assault related? One of those two had his charges overturned. So, that brings the grand total to ONE player convicted. Not 50. What someone "accuses" in a civil lawsuit is entirely different than actual criminal evidence/charges/convictions,etc.
                      I don't like Briles at all but the above is true. The Baylor board of regents wrote a letter basically saying there was no fault on Briles. Do I believe it all no. But I also think he turned blind on a lot of his players as well.

Comment

Lots of misinformed people on here ha. Not everything you read on the internet is true...

Comment

Originally posted by jakeb03 View Post
                          Lots of misinformed people on here ha. Not everything you read on the internet is true...
                          This is a shocking revelation.

Comment

I also agree that he messed up in not taking a bigger stance but if anyone actually reads the court records etc, Briles DID report several of the players to the appropriate parties. BAYLOR decided to not take harder next steps on a lot of this. Could Briles have done more and was he in a position to do so, Yes and he absolutely should have. BUT those of you acting like he was in on the rapes or didn't report them to his uppers and AD are incorrect.

I obviously hate what happened and am strong against anything like that happening but those thinking this was 100% Briles are wrong. But that's what happens when the University pays millions of dollars in PR to focus the blame on Briles. How Baylor itself wasn't under more scrutiny is crazy to me. So many high end officials involved or with knowledge from Baylor should've been canned when Briles was.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                              I also agree that he messed up in not taking a bigger stance but if anyone actually reads the court records etc, Briles DID report several of the players to the appropriate parties. BAYLOR decided to not take harder next steps on a lot of this. Could Briles have done more and was he in a position to do so, Yes and he absolutely should have. BUT those of you acting like he was in on the rapes or didn't report them to his uppers and AD are incorrect.

I obviously hate what happened and am strong against anything like that happening but those thinking this was 100% Briles are wrong. But that's what happens when the University pays millions of dollars in PR to focus the blame on Briles. How Baylor itself wasn't under more scrutiny is crazy to me. So many high end officials involved or with knowledge from Baylor should've been canned when Briles was.
                              I by no means think Briles was alone. He was also enabled by the school and BOR. To me they are all equally guilty of not protecting females at the school.

Comment

Originally posted by jakeb03 View Post
                                lol Yup

Comment

Working...
                                X