Cheap cattle panel build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap cattle panel build

So the cows got in and fubarred my double bull double wide.

Ive been checking out the cattle panel builds on here and decided that I was going to try one out.

started with two 16' panels and cut one into two 8' sections and wired one of them onto the 16' panel. It was about 25' long, so that gave me about a 7' diameter circle after we brought the ends together and wired it together.

I then used bolt cutters to open up a door, then crawled inside and cut two windows.

We had an old used partial section of cattle panel that was laying around so it got wired on as a roof (U shaped). we then took the last half section and cut THAT in half and used those to fill in the caps on the roof. In the end, I could hang by my arms off the center and pick my feet up off the ground with no wiggle in the blind and I'm a portly 280#, so it'll definitely hold up well.

We had an old UTV cover sitting in the shed at the ranch so it got repurposed as a waterproof canvas ground blind cover. Black outside and inside.

Tucked it back under an old oak and then started cutting cedar to make it look like a big brush pile and to cover up some holes in the back since the tarp wasn't quite big enough to go all the way to the ground in the back.
    Eventually, it'll look like a big brush pile

I'll pile more on when I go back in a week, but it's ready to hunt and I felt zero breeze inside.

It's gonna be a sweaty opening weekend!

Comment

Working...
    X