2015 Kawasaki Mule Trans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2015 Kawasaki Mule Trans

I went for a quick ride the other day and the Mule started acting odd like it was skipping or hiccuping - almost like it does when the e-brake is on - when I throttled hard or tried to get up to higher speed. Has anyone had any experience with this or is there a quick fix? it's due for a fluid/filter change out and such so we were going to do that ourselves this time. Thanks in advance!

Run ethanol free fuel and Marine Stabil in every tank and she will run like a top....

Comment

I have a 2016 model and mine did the same thing. Put up with it for a couple of months and then took it in under warranty. No official recal, but they have a throdle body problem with the newer fuel injected mules. Took 4 weeks to get parts and get fixed. No charge on mine, still under warranty. Warranty ticket charge was $1,000 and some change. Has ran fine since then.

Comment

By the way I have never ran ethanol fuel in mine.

Comment

Originally posted by WS_AG View Post
          By the way I have never ran ethanol fuel in mine.
          Eventually regular gas will catch up to the machine. I think it took nine years for me. I had to have some work done and that is the first thing they asked about......do you run regular unleaded....yes.....bingo. Clogged up the machine. Had to have some parts replaced. Only use ethanol free now.

Comment

so would y'all run a cleaner thru it now mixed with gas? Thanks for your info.

Comment

Mine did this years ago. It’s a 2014 and it was the throttle position sensor and was covered by warranty. Mine was idling bad as well though

Comment

Originally posted by RAZORBACK View Post
                so would y'all run a cleaner thru it now mixed with gas? Thanks for your info.
                I fill my 5 gallon tanks with ethanol free and put double dose of Stabil Marine in the bottom of every can. My machine has never had anything else other than the first tank from the dealer. I was told to do this but a guy who owned an ATV repair shop for years. I’m not a mechanic, but I know she starts immediately and runs like she’s warm every time.

Comment

Working...
                X