Didn't want to hijack.....male lab.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't want to hijack.....male lab.

Didn't want to hijack the other thread so.......we are getting our lab puppy this weekend! A little boy. So my question is when to get him cut? I do not want him hiking his leg on things! Is there an age that you get them cut to prevent that? I have heard to not get it done too early as he needs the testosterone during his main growing stage?
    Attached Files

Not sure but he is a good looking pup

Comment

Thanks! We are really excited! I hoping to teach him to track deer.

Comment

The vet would be your best advice. On my lab-er-dummer they told us no way before a year old. He got cut on his first birthday.

Comment

Also he is a good looking little fella.
          What’s your plans for him?

Comment

Great looking pup. No advice just wish I hadn't open this thread. I want one bad but wife says no since we already have two dogs and five cats!

Comment

Originally posted by 125Dad View Post
              Also he is a good looking little fella.
              What’s your plans for him?
              Thanks, Mainly just a family pet and playmate, buddy for my son. But I do plan to teach him to track deer and fetch doves. My wife is talking about doing dock dogs with him.

Comment

Originally posted by 125Dad View Post
                The vet would be your best advice. On my lab-er-dummer they told us no way before a year old. He got cut on his first birthday.
                Does he hike his leg on things or pee like a girl?

Comment

He hikes he pees like a girl just what ever. But not really hike on anything just some times he holds a leg up.

Comment

Originally posted by 125dad View Post
                    he hikes he pees like a girl just what ever. But not really hike on anything just some times he holds a leg up.
                    👍.

Comment

He's purty!

Comment

so my wife and i both work and use to take our lab to doggy daycare every day. well at about age one the owner said we needed to alter him as he was getting way to "horsey" with the other dogs. being english we wanted to wait as long as possible as we'd been told he'd lose some of the blockiness if altered too early. so we snipped him at 14 months, he became a good citizen and while not becoming a total blockhead english he still looks more english than american. good luck and your pup is a cutey...

Comment

Originally posted by mr. buck View Post
                          so my wife and i both work and use to take our lab to doggy daycare every day. well at about age one the owner said we needed to alter him as he was getting way to "horsey" with the other dogs. being english we wanted to wait as long as possible as we'd been told he'd lose some of the blockiness if altered too early. so we snipped him at 14 months, he became a good citizen and while not becoming a total blockhead english he still looks more english than american. good luck and your pup is a cutey...
                          Thanks. By waiting till 14 months does he pee on everything?

Comment

We have a beautiful English lab and he is 6 and still intact. No issues at all. No aggression, no bad habits, pees both like a girl and a boy.... My wife is a vet and we wanted him to mature with the big block head and hoped to breed him. That likely won't happen, but no issues thus far. Good looking pup!

Comment

Mines 11 years old.
                              He has yet to hike his leg

Comment

Working...
                              X