DIY tripod concealment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY tripod concealment

I've had a hard time finding a good spot in a tree line to set-up a tripod and still have good concealment in the front, so I thought I'd give this a shot. Two 10' sticks of 1/2" Electrical conduit, two 3/4" electrical conduit clamps, zip ties, nuts and bolts, and burlap.

We cut the conduit tall enough and wide enough to cover my whole body, smashed the ends to bolt them together, and attached the conduit frame to the uprights on the tripod.

We decided to put a bend in the conduit where it attached to the upright so there's enough room to draw, cut the burlap to fit and attached it to the conduit frame with zip ties (to be replaced with hose clamps ASAP), and installed the clamps to the bottom of the tripod uprights so the bottom of the burlap stays put when I'm using it and still allows me easy access to climb in and out. Cut shooting slits and called it a day for now.

Final product turned out pretty good I think! Will likely go back and install a frame covered with more burlap on the back of the tripod to cut down on the silhouette effect...

I did something similar on a round platform tripod but just hung military type camo on the back and sides. I made some risers that attached to the platform where the shooting rail would normally go and hung the camo netting on them. Worked pretty well !

Comment

Nice

Comment

That'll work.... Hopefully

Comment

You turned an open tripod into an enclosed blind. Thanks for the idea

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Comment

you should wrap it with silt fence, the black stuff they use when doing road constructions etc. then wrap the camo burlap it keep the deer from being able to see through the burlap and is breathable so air can still lightly circulate, plus it does not rot. just cut identical slots in the silt fence as you do the burlap for viewing/shooting windows. I use it on all my stands and it works great and also serves as a wind break without having to use metal or wooden sides. Just a cheap suggestion that works great and is still attached with cable ties

Comment

Good idea, should work out just fine. Kind of like Bronco's idea of adding the black stuff. That would make it even mo betta. Nice work.

Comment

That'll work, Moser did something similar years ago that was the cat's meow.

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...ghlight=tripod

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
                  That'll work, Moser did something similar years ago that was the cat's meow.

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...ghlight=tripod

No doubt! His design and abilities are clearly on a whole 'nother plane than mine are!

Comment

Nice!! Love the shooting windows. I'll be stealing(borrowing) that idea.

Comment

Originally posted by lotsofshots View Post
                      No doubt! His design and abilities are clearly on a whole 'nother plane than mine are!
                      You and I have a lot in common with this type of constructing

Comment

That will Defiantly work But, I would still try add some Leafy Limbs to Finish it Off on the front and Sides. Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by Mex. Bowhunter View Post
                          That will Defiantly work But, I would still try add some Leafy Limbs to Finish it Off on the front and Sides. Good Luck

That's the plan. The sides are actually very well covered by the trees in that tree line - it's hard to tell by the photos - it sets far enough back. Definitely need something behind to cut my silhouette though.

Comment

Looks good.

Comment

Nice! Might have to borrow your idea as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X