Canyon Lake Shoot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canyon Lake Shoot

Well today started with several of us headed out to Bastrop for the monthly club shoot there, but it got rained out. We all decided to go to Canyon Lake once we found out they also were having a club shoot today.
    Bisch, John Reyna, Bob Sarrels, Paul (from Double G -sorry can't remember your last name Paul), Steve Phillips (I think I got that last name right), me and about 7 or 8 more Traditional shooters showed up. We had so many we had to divide up into 4 groups to shoot.
    I had the pleasure of shooting with Bisch, John, Paul and the other Steve. I must say that I witness the most awesome match between Bisch and John that I have ever seen. They were shooting in separate classes (Bisch shooting recurve and John shooting longbow) but they were both on track.
    One would shoot a 12 or a 10 really close to the 12 and the other would follow it up with an arrow right next to the first. This went on all day. I don't know how many 12's, 10's, etc. each of them shot but it was fun to watch them compete. They both ended up with a score of 302, which is absolutely phenomenal for a 30 target course.
    As poorly as I shot, I still had a great time watching those two shoot it out.
    Thanks John and Bisch for an entertaining day at the range.

After all the rainout stuff and finally getting to a shoot where we could shoot I had a blast. Paul Godsey (owner of Double G Archery in Georgetown) and Steve Phillips rode with me and this was the first trad 3D shoot for each of them. Canyon Lake Archery Club set a great course and, as far as I could tell, fun was had by all the trad shooters there.

Can't wait for next Sunday to get out there again!

Bisch

Comment

302's on a 30 target course is awesome!! Congrats guys!

~Eric

Comment

Wish I could have made it. Sounds like some great shooting!

Comment

I had the pleasure to watch Bisch shoot at Double G Archery while I was buying a new bow. He is great with his recurve! Wish I could shoot like that....

Comment

Way to go Bisch and John!!!! Bisch you keep shooting like that and your carbon arrows are going to catch on fire.....

Wish I could have joined you but I had a big project in the shop......

Comment

We really had a great time at this shoot! It was our first time at this club and I'm glad we drove down there in the rain!

We got there right in the nick of time to make the shotgun start and the break in the weather. We had a great group of Trad people at this shoot. The ranch, facilities, setup and the targets were all fantastic.

Bisch and John battled it out and had unbelievable scores! My 15 yr old, Quinton had his best shoot to date and so did I.

This was his first shoot with a full set of properly spined arrows and he shot the course with no zeros and beat his best score by 45 points! He finished with a 221.

I have been on a quest to break 200 and after several anchor, tab, 3 under/split finger and arrow changes over the past 4 months, I beat my best score by 29 points and finished with a 210. Whew!

Roman was a little off his normal game (he usually beats us all!), but he still shot well with a 171; beating a compound shooter to finish second in the cubs class with his recurve.

I got got meet a lot of new people and had a great time shooting with Glenn and R.J. Just can't say how much we are enjoying this sport! Here are a few pics from the shoot:

J.P.
              Attached Files

Comment

Sounds like yall had fun, congratulating to all, o an u to Bisch.

Comment

Thanks for the pics, JP!!!

That grasshopper/katydid thing was really cool looking!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                    Thanks for the pics, JP!!!

That grasshopper/katydid thing was really cool looking!

Bisch
                    Bisch you and that grasshopper have the same legs!

Comment

Dang good shooting guys. I take it it came down to the number of 12's?

Matt

Comment

Good time had by all. They had the same score Matt and the same amount of 12lvs but they shot in different classes.

Comment

Originally posted by bob sarrels View Post
                          Good time had by all. They had the same score Matt and the same amount of 12lvs but they shot in different classes.
                          We were in different classes so there was no tie-breaker needed but John had several more 12's than me!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by bountyhunter View Post
                            Way to go Bisch and John!!!! Bisch you keep shooting like that and your carbon arrows are going to catch on fire.....
                            That's funny right there!!!!

Great shooting guys, breaking 300 is pure sweetness (not that I'd know)

Comment

Sounds like it was a good time and some great shooting!

Comment

Working...
                              X