Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever owned / used a Weaver V4.5 scope?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you ever owned / used a Weaver V4.5 scope?

I got one with a rifle a while back. It was broken, so I initially took it off and threw it in the garbage. I noticed the tube was rusty, and that really got my attention. Rust on a scope. Hmmmm... A steel tube?

So I started researching it. It turned out to be a Weaver V4.5, and there were a handful of people that really liked them on various forums. Not a ton, mind you, but the ones who liked them talked about the old scope with a bit of admiration.

One forum mentioned a company called Iron Sight that refurbished them. I contacted them and a very nice lady informed me it would be $95 to refurbish the scope, and if I wanted the turret caps (both were missing), they would be $25 for the pair. So for $120, it would come back ready to use - mechanically and optically almost like new. The wait time though... 10 to 12 months!

I had the extra money laying around, so I figured "Why not?" I didn't pay anything for it to begin with, so sent it in.

I received it back yesterday. Almost exactly 12 months to the day they got it from me. The exterior could use a bit of steel wool and some cold blue, but it's very clear and seems good to go mechanically as well.

Now wondering when I'll buy something it can go on, as all my firearms and extra T/C barrels are already scoped.

All the best,
    Glenn

Photos?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Pics:
      Attached Files

Comment

Cool

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice!

My dad had an old Weaver K3 on an old Swedish Mauser. I've got the scope and may consider sending it to them for refurbishing.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
            My dad had an old Weaver K3 on an old Swedish Mauser. I've got the scope and may consider sending it to them for refurbishing.
            It seems that they did a good job. I'm happy with it, but I haven't tested it. However, it did come with a warranty, so I need to get it on something soon and test it.

You just have to have patience, as it is a 10-12 month wait. I have friends that said they never could have waited a year. But I wasn't using it on anything to begin with, and it was broken, so sending it off didn't phase me at all. I actually kept forgetting about it, so I set up a calendar reminder of the timeframe it was supposed to be done so I wouldn't completely forget it.

All the best,
            Glenn

Comment

Working...
            X