No announcement yet.

The Vine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey howie, when you coming up this way? You can crash at my place.

Comment

blood trail email sent.

g

Comment

would a canoe come in handy at lake grapevine to access hunting areas?

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
          .....How's it going out at Whitney?
          A few slick heads being taken. I went Sat and came home Sunday morning. Didn't hunt Sunday. To many people Sat.. I should have just stayed home,...or gone to The Vine . Maybe I'll slip down there this weekend and see if there is any activity, feed and shoot pixels if nothing else.

Comment

would a canoe come in handy at lake grapevine to access hunting areas?
            Yes. There are areas you can access by canoe up and down Denton Creek leaving from the west boat ramp at Marshall Creek.

Comment

A few slick heads being taken. I went Sat and came home Sunday morning. Didn't hunt Sunday. To many people Sat.. I should have just stayed home,...or gone to The Vine . Maybe I'll slip down there this weekend and see if there is any activity, feed and shoot pixels if nothing else.
              Yep we got one slick head too, wasn't as many people as last year where we were at, but I heard a ton of boats heading up to the north end while sitting in the dark opening moring. If it sounded crowded it must have been bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post

Yes. There are areas you can access by canoe up and down Denton Creek leaving from the west boat ramp at Marshall Creek.
                However, last I checked Marshall Creek was closed due to flooding...

Comment

A Canoe would be good, something with a small motor would be better. I went duck hunting last weekend, and we paddled a small pirogue. We put in near Marshall creek. You can get around, but it may take you a while. And yes much of the area is still flooded. You can still get around, but you have to watch out for low spots. I will say that the water levels are going down pretty fast. I scouted the area the week before and the water dropped at least 6" in one week. One thing to remember that there is no hunting on the ground around Marshall Creek, so you may have a long way to paddle.

Also, there are many places along Denton Creek that have high and steep banks. So it may be a struggle getting in and out of a canoe.

Comment

Anyone wanting a super clean aluminum (made by skeeter) to access by water check out my boat in the classified section.

Comment

I think a small Jon boat would be perfect, I went out there a couple weeks before the season. Didnt see much. If anyone is going out there I would be interested in going with... Could use some tips, never hunted on public land before.

Comment

Working...
                      X