2015 Arkansas Deer Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2015 Arkansas Deer Season

Just got my cams setup last weekend and the guys at the lease were there this weekend getting prepared for food plots. I decided to go thru all of last season's pics and was curious what you guys thought the age of these two bucks were last season.

Now keep in mind this is a timber company lease and most members will shoot just about any buck they see.

8 point I missed last season.

The other 8 that I never saw during season. Only got pics up until November then he disappeared. Hopefully, he still made it!

This is a pic of them together

I don't plant to go back until opening weekend which is the weekend before the Texas opener. Hopefully, some mature bucks will be cruising thru for the camera!

Where is your lease? I hunt on a lease near magnolia.

Comment

It's in Gurdon.

Comment

Do you go to the arkansas hunting forum? It's not nearly as good as tbh, but it's alright.

Comment

I have, but it's been a while since I've been on there.

Comment

Man those are some nice bucks!!Good Luck on harvesting one this year!

Comment

Tough to guess age on those two. Don't appear to be too young. 4-5 maybe. Just a WAG.

Comment

Thanks, guys! Hopefully, I'll have pictures of both of them shortly! I'm ready to get out there and hunt!

Comment

Hope you get on em. I was going to go up this week and check my cams but it looks like some rain is headed that qay.

Comment

Yup, looks like rain for tomorrow through Friday. My other lease mates weren't able to disk this weekend because the ground was too hard for the four wheeler disk. Hopefully, this rain will help and we can disk and plant next weekend.

Comment

Kill em.

Comment

good luck

Comment

3 point rule wipes them all out. Good hunting where your at. I will be over around Gum Springs.

Comment

Originally posted by timberking View Post
                            3 point rule wipes them all out. Good hunting where your at. I will be over around Gum Springs.
                            Agreed. Thank goodness our other lease guys know this and have all voted to up the point rule to 4 for our lease. It has definitely helped some of our bucks age. If I remember right, we shot like 20 something deer this past season. Probably half of those were bucks and half of those bucks were 3 years or older with the others being small bucks that the kids shot.

Comment

Good looking deer. I lived in AR for two years and was amazed at the quality of deer taken. I hunted the white river refuge (bow season) and bayou meto permit hunts (muzzle loader and modern gun) this past season. Saw one legal buck at bayou meto but wasn't quick enough to get a shot off.

Good luck to all of the AR hunters this year. I'm planning to go back for the modern gun hunt again this year. Hopefully I will have some time to bow hunt before hand.

Comment

Working...
                              X