• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks plenty old to me.

Comment

Post mature - old, old

Comment

I really don't see post mature. I see an over weight 4 YO there. No callusing on the front knees, no swelling of front knees, no loose skin on his face, no real sway in his back, rear end isn't rounded much, still has that long skinny head. I think picture 3 is throwing a lot of people off, he's just standing in a weird position to me.

He's either had a VERY easy life, or isn't as old as he is being judged at.

Comment

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
          I really don't see post mature. I see an over weight 4 YO there. No callusing on the front knees, no swelling of front knees, no loose skin on his face, no real sway in his back, rear end isn't rounded much, still has that long skinny head. I think picture 3 is throwing a lot of people off, he's just standing in a weird position to me.

He's either had a VERY easy life, or isn't as old as he is being judged at.
          We all got opinions and some of us bank on knowledge on our managed leases where we have to be accountable for the age of the bucks we shoot. It gets real in a hurry on judging a buck when too many mistakes get you ran off a good lease so we adapted quick a good biologist keeps us honest and we make the effort to be real hands on because of it.
          The "old" buck "post mature" buck features you point out that this buck doesn't have in your eyes is the basic features that have always been taught to look for. They're basic and vary greatly from different genetic bucks. Those features are true in cases obviously but a bigger percentage of bucks that are old or post mature have never had those features nor will ever have them. It is very common and you'd be surprised how many of these old jokers slip through the cracks on their good looks. no doubt it's a tough game off of just a picture on the Internet or not having any history with a deer but some people are just flat good at judging age on bucks. ChanceLove is one of those people for sure IMO.
          On here I don't try real hard but when it's a Irion county buck,I don't miss many.

Comment

Well said

Comment

Working...
            X