NFL falling apart !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
    This is from Malcom Butler meeting with the press.

I feel like he is blaming the system, not the people breaking the laws. And I am not exactly sure what he thinks the NFL or the NFL owners can do about this. Why not use his platform to reach out to troubled kids, their parents, schools, etc?

With that said, making these excuses for these troubled kids, is what I think gave us the Cruz kid in Florida. It is well documented that the kid was a troubled law breaker, and making excuses for him directly contributed to children's deaths in my opinion. Everybody wants to be a victim these days so they have excuses for why they act out.
    The Parkland shooting was absolutely a product of the ending the pipeline to prison initiative or the perversion of it which has taken over. It sounds like a great initiative on paper; execution has been a complete failure. Post modern bull****.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
      I'm just hoping something will happen to keep this whole politicized national anthem that is tied to the LE / social injustice crap out of the game next season...it's becoming nauseating & the angle the eagles organization played this last week was really pathetic.

They had every opportunity to help bring the issue of concern with an open hand behind closed doors & yet chose a sucker punch approach?? I really don't get it & the mayor of said eagles / city of brotherly love comments were delusional & idiotic...I do think the head coach did a good job today trying to dilute & get back to the game in some sort of desperate damage control today.

Now we have both nba finalists already posturing for their turn & it's all so unnecessary / disappointing. WTH has happened to basic communication?? None of these millionaires are approaching / helping the cause they claim to support with any sort of class.

I normally don't deal with bogus polls, but everything I have seen is 70% of the people asked do not want politics in their sports & want the players to be patriotic & just play.

It's sort of rewarding to see 'half-r-dik' who started this whole mess sleeping in the nest he made.

Not that I'll even be watching but... I predict the networks will opt for showing locker room and tunnel coverage of the players who choose to "protest" by not taking to field before the singing of the anthem.

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
        Not that I'll even be watching but... I predict the networks will opt for showing locker room and tunnel coverage of the players who choose to "protest" by not taking to field before the singing of the anthem.
        If it gets them more viewers or even if they think it will get more views they most certainly will.

Comment

I was a teenager and saw people spitting on soldiers returning home from pure hell in Vietnam. I told myself I would NEVER support anything that disrespected these brave men and women. It's truly sad that I won't be making the memories with my kids I have with my Dad yelling and screaming at the TV watching football but I also have to walk upright

Comment

Originally posted by chopsknives View Post
            I was a teenager and saw people spitting on soldiers returning home from pure hell in Vietnam. I told myself I would NEVER support anything that disrespected these brave men and women. It's truly sad that I won't be making the memories with my kids I have with my Dad yelling and screaming at the TV watching football but I also have to walk upright
            Good way of putting it.

Comment

It's still not disrespect - how you choose to view it is completely up to you though.

The president has discovered the power of the pardon. Could that make this a moment for criminal justice reform?

Solid gesture that I hope comes to fruition ...

Comment

No disrespect but your a strange bird! You know taking a knee or hiding in the locker room is as LAZY a protest as I've EVER seen! You know I'm willing to protest as long as I can do it at work (where I get paid to do it) and as long as I really don't have to do a dam thang!!!

Comment

Amid all the hand-wringing and propagandizing over the damage done to the NFL’s popularity by player protests during pregame national anthem ceremonies, the important available numbers continue to paint a picture of a league that is invulnerable to controversy. The NFL’s ratings are up in relation to general TV…

Comment

Congrats to the NFL

Comment

I wonder why the headline is about revenue increasing and not something more bottom line driven like, say profits. Game attendance maybe? Season ticket holders?

Seems like the NFL got a bump in a TV contract that was signed a few years ago. Thumbs up fellas.

Comment

The revenue increase was already baked into the cake and had NOTHING to do with the NFL's actual ratings performance. The NFL TV contracts were signed years ago. The League's TV partners missed revenue by over $600M this year because ratings were down almost 20% the past two years.

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
                          The revenue increase was already baked into the cake and had NOTHING to do with the NFL's actual ratings performance. The NFL TV contracts were signed years ago. The League's TV partners missed revenue by over $600M this year because ratings were down almost 20% the past two years.
                          So was the rest of television ...

Comment

NFL ratings are going down the tube.

MLB seems to be getting it right.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Fake News at its finest. NFL is thriving :

It's not all dreary news for the league, however, as the NFL remains far and away the biggest attraction on television. Sunday Night Football and Thursday Night Football were the two highest-rated primetime programs of the year. The NFL accounted for 37 of the 50 most-watched television programs of the season, and Monday Night Football was the most watched cable program of the year, even outperforming HBO's smash hit Game of Thrones.

Comment

Good for the NFL. Has anyone seen the list of the Social Justice Organizations that will receive the 100 million dollars donated by the NFL yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X