Fishing in a Storm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fishing in a Storm

SO my buddies and I are heading out to the coast next week to do some fishing, however looks like there will be scattered showers by Corpus on one of the days. Is fishing in a little drizzle good or bad? And also I know storms make the pressure fluctuate, is that helpful for fishing? Looking forward to hear what y'all have to say.

Fish bite good in a rain when a front blows through, not sure about when it comes from the other direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

One more thought. It’s always a good time to go fishin!

Comment

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=695262

Comment

While in Destin this year we fished almost everyday in scattered showers, and the fish were biting the whole time!

Comment

As long as there is no lightening, the fish are already wet. If you're there to fish, go fish.

Comment

Originally posted by El_matador View Post
              SO my buddies and I are heading out to the coast next week to do some fishing, however looks like there will be scattered showers by Corpus on one of the days. Is fishing in a little drizzle good or bad? And also I know storms make the pressure fluctuate, is that helpful for fishing? Looking forward to hear what y'all have to say.
              Boat fishing? Water is supposed to be real rough.

Comment

Could you catch some? Sure, you probably could find something to bite. But if you were planning on going down there just to fish, I'd reschedule for a different weekend, surf is supposed to be extremely rough, winds will be up, tides will be up, just an all around bad weekend to be fishing.

Comment

Hahaha you got that right. Thanks.

Comment

Thanks guys. I appreciate the help.

Comment

STRONG ADVICE: If there's lightening ANYWHERE close enough you can hear thunder, GET OFF THE WATER IMMEDIATELY!! Get away from the beach/shore... I know folks who got caught in thunderstorms, quit fishing and made a run for it in the boat to get off the water. Lightening hit (not sure exactly what), but the guy driving the boat got lit up bad. He was holding the stainless steel steering wheel and it lit him up, burned his hands really bad and stopped his heart. He survived, and still fishes today, but his boat has a plastic steering wheel AND one gray/dark cloud and he's off the water LONG before he hears thunder...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                        STRONG ADVICE: If there's lightening ANYWHERE close enough you can hear thunder, GET OFF THE WATER IMMEDIATELY!! Get away from the beach/shore... I know folks who got caught in thunderstorms, quit fishing and made a run for it in the boat to get off the water. Lightening hit (not sure exactly what), but the guy driving the boat got lit up bad. He was holding the stainless steel steering wheel and it lit him up, burned his hands really bad and stopped his heart. He survived, and still fishes today, but his boat has a plastic steering wheel AND one gray/dark cloud and he's off the water LONG before he hears thunder...
                        I'll fish in the rain all day long, I've caught a ton of fish in the rain. First bolt down though and I'm gone..

Comment

Fish do bite when it's raining.

With that said, don't mess with mother nature. Thunderstorms on the coast can be down right nasty. I'm talking, kicking up 40 plus knot winds with little to no advanced warning. Not to mention lightening. If you are on a boat, you are the highest point above water. Holding a 7' graphite rod doesn't help that either.

Be careful and be aware of the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                            Solid advice.

Comment

I will let you know if they are biting or not since I will be down in Galveston fishing in this crappy weather coming. lol

Comment

Working...
                              X