Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Draw hunts, what are y'all putting in for and did you draw?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mhunter6 View Post
    Yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    cool deal ....We got drawn for the same weekend

Comment

My crew actually drew LANWR and LRGVNWR Teniente Unit. We opted for the LA. The hunts were the same weekend and we chose LA due to camping closer by and the limit on deer.

However, after researching, I realize that the limit is just because that's the county limit and in no way an indication of your chances of bagging one. Lol.

This is our first year to apply. We entered 23 different hunts and have drawn those 2 so far. Hoping to hit on one of the GDE categories.

I think this LANWR trip is going to end up breaking the bank though. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Yakinthebox View Post
        My crew actually drew LANWR and LRGVNWR Teniente Unit. We opted for the LA. The hunts were the same weekend and we chose LA due to camping closer by and the limit on deer.

However, after researching, I realize that the limit is just because that's the county limit and in no way an indication of your chances of bagging one. Lol.

This is our first year to apply. We entered 23 different hunts and have drawn those 2 so far. Hoping to hit on one of the GDE categories.

I think this LANWR trip is going to end up breaking the bank though. lol
        I've done both. Either one is good. Good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TxouT View Post
          No stand by? Worth a shot if you're close.
          These units don't have stand by.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by eteranch View Post
            My daughter drew her first ever draw hunt on 2nd draw at Gus Engeling WMA. It will be the gun anterless/spike hunt. She is really excited.

Nice! I hope she has a great time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

At Gus Engeling WMA try for unit 1 and hunt at the bottom of the hill where the powerlines are just down where the road crosses it.

Comment

Furtrapper thanks for the advice. I have only been to Gus Engeling once before and not hunting that trip.

Comment

Originally posted by furtrapper View Post
                  At Gus Engeling WMA try for unit 1 and hunt at the bottom of the hill where the powerlines are just down where the road crosses it.
                  I've always heard the compartments closest to hwy 287 aren't as good, poorest are probably the compartments in the northwest quadrant a few of those in northwest most part they cleared alot of and the others to the west of wildlife road up there are more open and seem to be the ones left out after everyone selects compartments. I would choose one along the creek on the east side, they will ask you to list your top 3 compartement choices. Depending on what order you were chosen in the draw, your party size and vehicle type and drivetain, you may or may not get put where you want, they decide for you.

Comment

The draw is being done. Good luck!

Comment

Won for USFS anterless at Sam Houston. Yeepee!

Comment

Pending second draw on today's draws.

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
                          Won for USFS anterless at Sam Houston. Yeepee!
                          Congrats. I got antlerless permit at SH too. I was up there earlier this year scouting around the Conroe area and saw lots of sign. We'll see how it goes.

Comment

I got nothing this year, there's aways next year.

Comment

Drew LANWR Dec 29-31. Also drew archery here for Nov 24th but orientation ahead of the holiday will put this one back up for 2nd chance drawing. Looking forward to the experience

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Got drawn for two more today. GDM at James Daughtrey and Nat Refuge at Balcones. That makes four total so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X